Notifications
Clear all

How Bad Does My Acne Have To Be To Get Prescribed Accutane?

MemberMember
(@branchos)

Posted : 01/31/2014 6:37 pm

I thought by the age of 22 I would not have to deal with acne again. I was always pretty lucky and only got the occasional pimple in my face. My face is still pretty much clear but I have some pretty nasty acne on my upper back/shoulders. Seeing as I work out 6 times a week and watch my diet 24/7 this really bothers me. I've tried everything except roaccutane (nizoral,b5 megadose,zinc,antibiotics) until I was finally refered to a derm and he said it wasn't "bad" enough to get prescribed roaccutane even though it really bothers me, is it worth trying another derm?

Was hoping to do some fitness modeling in a year or so but that is impossible with the stuff on my back

MemberMember
(@ladypink)

Posted : 01/31/2014 7:28 pm

After each work out you need to get a shower right away. I'm dealing with it too since I love working out but it causes body acne. Basically I'm using Neutrogena acne exfoliating soap on my back.

Then I use peroxide directly on my pimples and it got rid of them. Surprisingly enough, it does the trick =)

MemberMember
(@nicholas1994)

Posted : 01/31/2014 8:21 pm

i'm on roaccutane and there are soooo many side effects already, really really think about it before you go on it!

MemberMember
(@ladypink)

Posted : 02/01/2014 6:09 pm

Accutane is pretty scary because it's so harmful for your health and really it is so discouraging. I mean, are you really going to risk your general health because of skin issues ?

MemberMember
(@branchos)

Posted : 02/01/2014 7:36 pm

Sides seem to be okay if you keep the dose between 20-40 a day, dont plan on going higher