Notifications
Clear all

Missing Accutane Pills

MemberMember
(@mg123)

Posted : 01/27/2014 6:05 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am currently in my third month of Accutane, 60 mg per day. This is my second course. It's going well and I am happy with my progress. As if getting Accutane isn't difficult enough, this morning, after taking out the trash, I realized that I had accidentally thrown away a started blister pack with nine pills in it (I thought it was empty and didn't realize till after, and yes, I did dig through my apartment complex's dumpster - gross!). I feel really dumb. There's not much I can do, but I have two options. I can either take the dosage as needed and miss the last 4.5 days until I can go see my doctor again, or, I can take 30 mg instead of 60 mg every three days (so a pattern of 2 days on 60, 1 day on 30, and then continuing the pattern.). Has anyone been in a similar situation? I appreciate your help!

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 01/27/2014 7:10 pm

Either way would probably be fine until your appointment. Accutane stays in your system for a couple weeks after finishing so a couple days wont hurt. I myself would probably split them up and take 30 instead of 60.

MemberMember
(@kim28)

Posted : 01/27/2014 7:35 pm

I was two days short due to bad math when making my appt last month. I spread out my missing days, but in all honesty I don't think it matters too much. Nothing terrible happened, and my derm said it was no big deal.