Notifications
Clear all

Hair More Oily

MemberMember
(@sendmeangels)

Posted : 12/22/2013 11:56 pm

Prior to taking Accutane, I could go about two days without washing my hair. I'm 18 days into my 40mg treatment, and my hair has never been oilier. It is now dirty after about 12 hours. My face is flaky and dry, and so are my lips, and oddly enough, my scalp is constantly flaking. I'm not really sure why my hair is so oily, has anyone else experienced this? If so, does the oil tend to dry out as the treatment goes forward?

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 12/23/2013 9:40 am

Yeah thats normal with both my courses, I got oilier at first. Within a week or so I bet the oil will stop and youll be able to go days without washing your hair and it still wont look oily lol.

MemberMember
(@miss-demeanor)

Posted : 12/24/2013 5:11 pm

Wow that's crazy! I had to wash my hair every day! Twice a day if I was going out. It was so greasy. A month into accutane and I have second or even third day hair and it feels amazing. Try and use a more clarifying shampoo and just condition the ends of your hair. Dry shampoo is good in an emergency.

MemberMember
(@markd343)

Posted : 12/24/2013 9:30 pm

Use Vaseline at night to restore your skins moisture. During the day use cetaphil moisturizer mixed with drops of jojoba oil. Also remember to chapstick those lips.

MemberMember
(@sendmeangels)

Posted : 12/30/2013 12:23 pm

Yeah thats normal with both my courses, I got oilier at first. Within a week or so I bet the oil will stop and youll be able to go days without washing your hair and it still wont look oily lol.

My hair suddenly dried up, and I'm a lot less oily. I went 4 days without washing my hair. You were right, thanks!