Notifications
Clear all

Acutane And Athletes

MemberMember
(@adam-p)

Posted : 12/10/2013 11:11 pm

Hi,

I'm a 17 year old male taking acutane. I've been on 40mg a day for 14 days then bumped up to 60 and am now over a month into the treatment. I'm contemplating stopping. I'm a national champion sprinter(sorry for bragging), I train 5 days a week and lift weights 3 more. All in all it's not wierd to be spending 18 hours a week training on various levels of intensity. I'm noticing I have muscle pain and fatigue I didn't used to. My strength is fine it's just fast movements that suffer. I'm wondering if there are any other athletes out there under similar conditions that have trained on acutane and their experience(s).

MemberMember
(@elkhoundgold)

Posted : 12/11/2013 2:47 pm

Hi,

I'm a 17 year old male taking acutane. I've been on 40mg a day for 14 days then bumped up to 60 and am now over a month into the treatment. I'm contemplating stopping. I'm a national champion sprinter(sorry for bragging), I train 5 days a week and lift weights 3 more. All in all it's not wierd to be spending 18 hours a week training on various levels of intensity. I'm noticing I have muscle pain and fatigue I didn't used to. My strength is fine it's just fast movements that suffer. I'm wondering if there are any other athletes out there under similar conditions that have trained on acutane and their experience(s).

I read on the more scary message boards of ppl having issues with Accutane and it ruining their chance at being a star athlete. Maybe you should stop the treatment and try eliminating dairy etc.? I want to take Accutane too but if I was a star athlete and that was my livelihood I don't think I'd continue. Have you tried diet yet??

MemberMember
(@adam-p)

Posted : 12/11/2013 8:07 pm

Hi,

I read on the more scary message boards of ppl having issues with Accutane and it ruining their chance at being a star athlete. Maybe you should stop the treatment and try eliminating dairy etc.? I want to take Accutane too but if I was a star athlete and that was my livelihood I don't think I'd continue. Have you tried diet yet??

I've tried topicals and antibiotics. Neither worked well my diet hasn't changed but overall it is pretty good and I drink a ridiculous amount of water. Last night I got a cramp so bad it's still hurting now. Does accutane affect muscles?

MemberMember
(@elkhoundgold)

Posted : 12/11/2013 11:53 pm

Hi,

I've tried topicals and antibiotics. Neither worked well my diet hasn't changed but overall it is pretty good and I drink a ridiculous amount of water. Last night I got a cramp so bad it's still hurting now. Does accutane affect muscles?

yes people reported muscle weakness before when I read around here.

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 12/12/2013 9:03 am

Accutane decrease your testosterone by 2/3rds. Afterwards it returns to normal.

Baxyl could be worth checking out if you experience joint pains, etc.

Accutane may hurt you in the long run. I honestly think you'll be fine, but do what you wanna do. :)