Notifications
Clear all

Clindamycin, Minocycline, And Tretinoin

MemberMember
(@lrebaker)

Posted : 12/02/2013 1:50 pm

<p>Today was my first derm appointment in a over 10 years. I'm 24 and have been dealing with acne for 12+ years. My acne is hormonal, as confirmed my my derm today. But I had assumed so anyways given the location and the flare ups during my cycle. She prescribed me the oral antibiotic minocycline, topical antibiotic clindamycin, and a retin A cream tretinoin. I'm most nervous about the oral antibiotic after reading the reviews about the nausea, migraines, hives, long periods, and bacterial resistance.&nbsp;</p>

<p>I juat wanted to see if anyone else has been put on the same or similar combo of meds? I got back in 2 months to see how everything is working. If this combo doesn't work then I may go on spiro.&nbsp;</p>

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 12/02/2013 3:04 pm

i took minocycline- fine experience. But ofcourse with any med- everyone has different results/reactions. I have moderate acne (mostly roseacea). Ergmmm i dont really want to say yah know... negative things because i dont want you to worry. My brother took it a looonng time ago and just got a rash on his back because he was allergic to it. But dont be scared! Thats just his personal reaction.

After minocycline- i went on doxy - which is in the cycline family.

MemberMember
(@valerie44)

Posted : 12/02/2013 4:14 pm

I was put on that combo a few years back and it did wonders! I was clear with those meds for years but then it stopped working for me so now I'm taking Spiro, minocycline and retin-a

MemberMember
(@lrebaker)

Posted : 12/04/2013 1:01 am

Thanks guys! So far the worst I'm getting is slight nausea from the mino, even with food. But it's not intolerable. Fingers crossed it all works!