Notifications
Clear all

Aczone And Differin Treatment Reviews

MemberMember
(@lka1)

Posted : 11/05/2013 12:01 pm

So, right now I'm on the Aczone and Differin treatment. I take apply Aczone once in the morning, then Differin once at night. I also take Solodyn orally every morning. I've been on this treatment for about 4 weeks and I'm curious to hear other people's experience with this regimen (or regimen like it). I don't feel as if it's making much of a difference. My skin peels a lot and is almost always dry (which is irritating). At first, I thought it was just because I was starting a new regimen, but I feel after 4 weeks, my skin would at least not peel and feel dry. Some days my skin looks okay, other days it just looks horrible. My acne isn't horrible, but I have bumps and scars and it doesn't seem as if this regimen is doing much of anything, but giving me dry skin.

Comments?

MemberMember
(@goodz19)

Posted : 11/07/2013 10:07 am

Ive been on differin for years. Its definitiely not a cure-all but Id hate to see where I'd be if I didnt use it. Aczone works best for inflammatory acne. Does almost nothing for non-inflammatory acne (blackhead, clogged pores, etc). I find aczone doesnt do much to prevent new acne from forming but is effective at keeping ones that are on there way from becoming full blown red mountains. Personally I just use it know as a spot treatment. I dunno if it really helps or not; kinda like a security blanket for me.

MemberMember
(@vangie1005)

Posted : 11/24/2013 3:03 pm

I just started this same thing 3 days ago. Woke up this morning to a cystic forming on my chin(thats where the big ones are, I also have the small under the skin ones on my forehead, and now here lately Ive been getting them on my cheek). I was on clindamyacin and BP wash, they have been trying to get me to take an antibiotic or some hormonal acne med but I have a pill phobia/medication phobia. I know Im gonna have to get over it if I want better results. Anyways I am interested in hearing about this regime too, Im tired of poking around trying to find something that has no result or makes things worse. This so far is going downhill.

MemberMember
(@rosalie324)

Posted : 11/25/2013 10:36 pm

Aczone works wonderfully for me! I started using it four months ago, along with another topical medication, and it wasn't working. As soon as I started using it on its own (about 1.5 months ago) it started to work wonders for my skin. I do not get full on breakouts anymore and any blemish I do get is barely noticeable. Everyone is correc t when they say that it doesn't work for non-inflammatory acne, but for any inflamed pustules and papules... it was my magic cure.

Just make sure that you rub it completely into your skin. I mean keep rubbing (gently of course) until it is dry on your face and make sure you use a great moisturizer. The one I use (see signature) is great for acne-prone skin and keeps my face from feeling dry and taut after washing and medicating.

BTW, Differin did not work well with my skin. I have sensitive, breakout-prone skin and all it did was make my skin dry, flaky, and irritated. I mean skin melting off my face irritated. Not good at all! Good luck!

MemberMember
(@nathanisaballer123)

Posted : 06/13/2015 1:52 am

Does anyone know how much aczone cost with blue cross federal insurance. Does it cover anything?