Notifications
Clear all

Dermatologist Appointment Tomorrow

MemberMember
(@ragejuice)

Posted : 11/04/2013 8:32 pm

I have a dermatologist meeting tomorrow and I'm excited to see what they will prescribe/recommend but also scared cause I have no insurance. I have mild/moderate acne so I'm sure it won't be accutane. My skin started to break out again and I'm guessing it was from over exfoliating and using salicylic acid. My skin was clearer before all that but still had regular break outs. Cetaphil normal to oily cleanser has been good along side with the cetaphil moisturizer. If anyone has gone to the dermatologist, has/had mild/moderate acne and has had good success, it would be awesome if you let me in into some advice on prices, prescriptions, effects. And if it worked let me know. Thanks

~juice

MemberMember
(@emmygirl)

Posted : 11/04/2013 10:45 pm

Hello! I was in the same boat as you about two weeks ago. I don't have health insurance either and my doctor took one look at my face and said Retin-A, Clindamycin Phosphate Gel, and benzoyl peroxide wash. I have been using all three (the Retin-A only on my forehead for now, and my entire face only on the weekends). Even though it has only been two weeks and I have been struggling with a really bad initial breakout I can tell things are getting better. I am at this point just trying to heal my moderate to severe acne from October. They are great products but unfortunately without insurance kind of expensive. I think for all three is was about 80 bucks. So far I would recommend them to anyone struggling, but I've only been using them for a short while so I can't help much. I also had a really positive experience with Bactrim/Septra about four years ago and that's just an oral antibiotic that I think would only cost 20 or so dollars. My doctor wouldn't prescribe it for me though because he didn't want me on oral antibiotics .... which kind of bummed me out but oh well! Good luck tomorrow, Dermatologists went to school to learn how to treat skin so I would just remember to trust them more than anyone else when it comes to your own skin ;)

MemberMember
(@lovelorn)

Posted : 11/04/2013 10:49 pm

Ugggh I can't believe people have to pay to see a dermatologist in The Untied states! How unfair. In Canada it's totally free and anyone can go to a dermatologist regardless of budget. I am sorry you have to pay for a service that should be a necessity, and I hope everything works out for you.

MemberMember
(@emmygirl)

Posted : 11/04/2013 11:01 pm

I know it! It's so frustrating! My husband and I are seriously about ready to move to Canada because our country just can't seem to get this health care reform figured out. It's pretty sad huh? My appointment alone was 160 bucks ... I hate that, and hope someday soon, like within the next 10 years we will get socialized health care system as well, but you never know with us!