Notifications
Clear all

Hair Removal And Accutane?

MemberMember
(@emiliesea)

Posted : 10/27/2013 11:39 am

Just wondering, what do people do about hair removal while on Accutane? I cannot pluck my eyebrows without them peeling and bleeding, and I'm not allowed to wax.

Also, how many months did you have to wait after you finished your Accutane until you could start waxing again?

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 10/27/2013 12:04 pm

what about threading? i always thought plucking would be fine since you arent really touching the skin

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 10/28/2013 4:41 am

what about threading? i always thought plucking would be fine since you arent really touching the skin

Its not fine while on Accutane. I would wait 6 months after ended course. 2-3 months to get my normal oil production back and 3 months for my skin to get back to normal. I'm sure you could get away with it earlier though, its just me..

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 10/28/2013 12:43 pm

Plucking or threading is what you should do. You don't want to use chemicals to lighten or remove hair since your skin is likely to have a bad reaction. Your skin has the potential to rip off if you wax. I've seen photos... Stay far away from wax for atleast 3 months after accutane. So you either grow those puppies out or thread or pluck. Not much of a differnce between the threading and plucking though.

MemberMember
(@emiliesea)

Posted : 10/30/2013 9:19 am

Its not fine while on Accutane. I would wait 6 months after ended course. 2-3 months to get my normal oil production back and 3 months for my skin to get back to normal. I'm sure you could get away with it earlier though, its just me..

I agree, every time I pluck my eyebrows, the skin will just break and start bleeding. I guess I'll just have to walk around with a Chewbacca face.