Notifications
Clear all

All Time Low

MemberMember
(@woanchii0512)

Posted : 10/25/2013 12:16 am

I can't deal with this anymore.

I took two courses of accutane. it wasnt until after the second course that i saw drastic difference on my skin. it is very sensitive and dry, it tears easily and the smallest pimples cause scars that are similar with those left by a cyst. I cant take this post accutane madness anymore.

I constantly worry if i have roasacea or not. I constantly worry about my health after seeing such drastic.change in my skin. i cannot focus on my studies because i spend hours on the internet reading up on other people's experience.

The worse thing about accutane for me is that my skin was actually better before my second course. I'm worried that I took too much, constantly comparing my dosage with another person.

I cant use any moisturizer becaus once i do i break out in little whiteheads throughout my WHOLE face. I still have all this white heads and they wont go. i cant use any sort of cleanser because i realise it makes my skin even dry and red.

I am constantly worried about my kidneys because once I drink lesser than the ridiculous amount of water i drink everyday, my pee stinks. i never had this poblem.pre accutane. My I am also confused as to can I still eat vegetables etc that has vit.A in it like carrots and tomatoes? Why do.some people on the forum say to.avoid it? are we supposed to avoid foods with vit.A for the rest of our lives? if i dont feel any difference after taking does it means that its ok? Has anybody took 120-150mg/kg and is still fine? ?

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 10/25/2013 1:40 am

120-150 is the recommended dosage. Most people are fine after that dosage of Accutane. A lot of people having reactions to Accutane, are not really having reactions to Accutane at all. Its other problems they blame on Accutane. Either problems they have developed before, or problems they have gotten from other things. Many become obsessed with finding flaws, which has been there long before Accutane, but they never really noticed, and blame that on Accutane as well.. Other times they find problems and side effects of Accutane, which isn't side effects, but 100% normal and natural, like this:

I would avoid foods rich in vitamin A for 2 months after finishing Accutane, but after that, I wouldn't worry much about it any more.

You should go to a derm to check if you have rosacea if you think you have it, or if it bothers you too much.

I eat honey-corn (cereal) every day, and my pee smells like that.. Ive been on Accutane for 4 days, but those are not connected.

As for the dry skin and moisturizer. You need to use a moisturizer. I don't know much about this, but you could try talking with a derm about finding a moisturizer that doesn't break you out. Maybe you just need to 'get used to' a moisturizer, and it wont break you out any more.

MemberMember
(@mes6890)

Posted : 10/28/2013 11:09 pm

We shouldn't immediately discount woanchii512 and tell her it's all in her head...Accutane definitely changes your skin and very well could have changed hers. I took it for five days over 3 months ago and have watched my skin literally thin ever since. Not surprisingly, it is more fragile now. It's getting more fragile by the week.

Amazingly, my acne was in remission for 3 months from 5 pills of Accutane. The couple of spots that have surfaced are taking much, much longer than usual to go away.

Not all in my head. I feel like I exchanged one kind of skin dysfunction (acne) for another kind, being the miserable thinness.

I understand some of what you're going through, girl. I don't have answers, but know you're not alone.

MemberMember
(@vleigh2507)

Posted : 11/22/2013 12:01 am

Sorry I have just posted you a reply on my topic before I read this. I can see what you mean by we have similar stories. I felt like I was going crazy. I didn't know what was right what was wrong and constantly second guessing myself and judging by your blog you seem to be going through something similar. I can't tell you if it is the pills which are causing this confusion or if it's entire situation in itself but it's clear you are having a tough time and I remember it clearly. It will all be ok. I can promise you that. The scars you get after spots do fade over time and the best thing is you gain perspective. It may seem like the biggest thing at the moment and everyone is staring at you but when you are in a better place you will see it is smaller than you think and the skin itself will strengthen. It took mine 6 months and my skin was stronger. It's easy to say wait it out but it is tough but one day you will see you get a spot and it will just go. Your skin is healing from the treatment and it will take time.

Try and find a routine and stick to it. I used simple face wash ( I don't know if you can get it where you are- no nasties) and Eucerin night cream and was religious about using products with no

chemicals. I still get flushing now after exercise and showers but it's not some thing that really bothers me as it fades quickly.

About your kidneys if you are worried speak to your doctor. I highly doubt it that it will have damaged your kidneys as you will have been checked with tests throughout?? Besides kidney failure would have major signs... Stinky pee happens all the time. Are you exhibiting any other signs?

Try to limit your time on the internet looking things up. My mum physically took my laptop and forced me out into public. It was difficult but each time became easier and I won't lie it took over a year before I would think about doing it by myself and was truly confident about handling it but take a step at a time. Give yourself deadlines to meet. Looking up things on the internet will only feed your confusion and obsession (which is how I got- it's all I thought and talked about- I lost interest in everything).

I think the whole situation has taken a toll on you as it did me. I never thought I would get to the other side but you will and hopefully one day you will return strong and ready to share your story. I feel for you with all my heart as I know first hand how awful it is. If you have any questions just let me know.

Ps. If it gets too much speak to the doctor. I'm sure they will have seen post roaccutane anxiety and be equipped to deal with it!

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 11/22/2013 3:02 pm

We shouldn't immediately discount woanchii512 and tell her it's all in her head...Accutane definitely changes your skin and very well could have changed hers. I took it for five days over 3 months ago and have watched my skin literally thin ever since. Not surprisingly, it is more fragile now. It's getting more fragile by the week.

Amazingly, my acne was in remission for 3 months from 5 pills of Accutane. The couple of spots that have surfaced are taking much, much longer than usual to go away.

Not all in my head. I feel like I exchanged one kind of skin dysfunction (acne) for another kind, being the miserable thinness.

I understand some of what you're going through, girl. I don't have answers, but know you're not alone.

The problem is she doesn't use moisturizer.

MemberMember
(@mes6890)

Posted : 11/22/2013 8:41 pm

Honestly, Ballen, you have no idea what you're talking about. I've literally lost layers of skin everywhere. As in my eyelids are actually incredibly thin. What I wouldn't give for "moisturizer" to be the solution. Thanks.

Fragile skin is listed on the side effects. Check it out.