Notifications
Clear all

Input On Supplements While On Accutane

MemberMember
(@timeforachange)

Posted : 10/22/2013 10:25 pm

Heys guys, so Ive been taking accutane for a week and i my skin is defintely getting pretty flaky. It always gets alittle flaky in near winter time but i could tell its getting worse by the day.

Right now I take a...

Probiotic

30mg Zinc (i Know its a low dose don't wanna go overboard)

500 vitamin C

I want to start taking Vitmain E for my dry skin and see if it works

Also i want to start taking a garlic pill

And one last thing would be milk thistle for potential liver damage

Anyone have any experience with these supplements while on accutane?

Please let me hear your input and what you think

MemberMember
(@charletx)

Posted : 10/23/2013 2:28 pm

Hi ther I'm sorry to disappoint I'm just about to start accutane treatment and was hoping for some similar answers!! Lets hope sum1 replays asap , can I ask r u male or female and wat dose tane u on? Xx

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 10/23/2013 3:02 pm

I think you really should just ask your derm-really just call them because mine said you should not take anything oral (med, and supp) wise when on accutane.

MemberMember
(@timeforachange)

Posted : 10/24/2013 1:40 pm

Hi ther I'm sorry to disappoint I'm just about to start accutane treatment and was hoping for some similar answers!! Lets hope sum1 replays asap , can I ask r u male or female and wat dose tane u on? Xx

Hey Im a male and 160 pounds on 40mg istotrentoin a day. I have a blog up if you wanna keep up with someone in a simliar situation. You should make one too. It kinda helps with stress, you know just letting out how you feel every once and awhile.