Notifications
Clear all

Does It Matter What You Eat To Take Accutane With ?

MemberMember
(@emma2)

Posted : 10/18/2013 6:18 pm

Hi everyone

Im on my 2nd course of accutane did the first one october 2011 for 4 mths and then relapsed early this year. I have suffered from cystic acne for 25 yrs . Im on day 16 of accutane and my skin is dry and slighty red my lips are drier but im using lip balm every hr as i remember last time round how bad it can get.

My question is does it matter what you eat when you take accutane i know you have to take it with food but does it matter if its a healthy porridge breakfast or is it better for a higher fat meal.I prefer to take it in the morning as i know i will always be at home at a certain time and i dont want to be taking tablets out with me for later in the day.

I have read somewhere best to take with a high fat meal but im not sure how much difference this actually makes. I want to get the maximum benefit from this course as i dont want to be back on it again 2 yrs from now.

thanks

Emma

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 10/18/2013 8:32 pm

On my box it says take with food or milk. I would ask youre derm though because she would give you advice suitable.

Im on my 7th month on accutane (because of a little breakout) so they extended it. wahhh

MemberMember
(@emma2)

Posted : 10/19/2013 7:26 am

Yes it does say with food , i will ring up and ask next week . 7 mths on accutane thats tough is this your first time on it ?

MemberMember
(@dan12345)

Posted : 10/19/2013 8:58 am

I take it with milk as supposedly its the best thing to take it with. Something to do with the fat in it or something.

MemberMember
(@intensecow)

Posted : 10/19/2013 11:27 am

I've never heard about taking it with milk. The only thing I've seen is that it's best to take it with some sort of fat containing foods as that is how it is best absorbed into your system. So in theory, milk would work, as long as it isn't fat free milk.