Notifications
Clear all

Finished With Accutane

MemberMember
(@tracy1971)

Posted : 09/14/2013 9:41 am

I am finished with my 5 months of Accutane. I am 41 with moderate acne though persitant. Weigh about 105. I had no initial break out really though did a few times get a pimple where I had never before. Used carmex on my lips almost the whole time. Had two days of scaly skin on the back of my hands. Really dry face, especially chin(my trouble spot) used Cetaphil cream on my face the whole time and it worked really well. All my bloodwork was fine every month though I believe I broke most of the rules:( I drank sometimes, tanned, an went to the beach. If there was anything else I wasn't supposed to do, I probably did. Not recommending it just believe everyone is diferent and will respond differently. Currently I am about two months post. I no longer have to wear makeup and no acne since about day 33. I of course could not be happier. Dry skin is gone. No more Carmex. I did have a few changes though I can note. My legs seem more wrinkled at my knees and right between my breast is a lot of lines every morning when I wake up but disappears after a few hours, weird. Also I started getting wrinkles under my eyes quite noticeably. My derm gave my Lipids and I use that now and it is back to normal in that area.The worst side effect I had though was horrible bone/joint pain like crazy. That is now gone as well thank God. That's all. Just wanted to share. I am a fan. Hope it works as well for everyone else as it has(at this point) for me:)

MemberMember
(@acnefree77)

Posted : 09/14/2013 3:35 pm

how many mg were you on?

MemberMember
(@bluemoon3)

Posted : 09/14/2013 6:36 pm

I am finished with my 5 months of Accutane. I am 41 with moderate acne though persitant. Weigh about 105. I had no initial break out really though did a few times get a pimple where I had never before. Used carmex on my lips almost the whole time. Had two days of scaly skin on the back of my hands. Really dry face, especially chin(my trouble spot) used Cetaphil cream on my face the whole time and it worked really well. All my bloodwork was fine every month though I believe I broke most of the rules:( I drank sometimes, tanned, an went to the beach. If there was anything else I wasn't supposed to do, I probably did. Not recommending it just believe everyone is diferent and will respond differently. Currently I am about two months post. I no longer have to wear makeup and no acne since about day 33. I of course could not be happier. Dry skin is gone. No more Carmex. I did have a few changes though I can note. My legs seem more wrinkled at my knees and right between my breast is a lot of lines every morning when I wake up but disappears after a few hours, weird. Also I started getting wrinkles under my eyes quite noticeably. My derm gave my Lipids and I use that now and it is back to normal in that area.The worst side effect I had though was horrible bone/joint pain like crazy. That is now gone as well thank God. That's all. Just wanted to share. I am a fan. Hope it works as well for everyone else as it has(at this point) for me:)

Congratulations on your success! 🙂 Just out of curiosity, when did your joint pain begin and did it stop as soon as you finished? Since bumping up to 40mg, I have noticed a big difference in my back. It's quite achey. I don't know if I'll be able to tolerate this for the next five months and hoping it will subside.

MemberMember
(@tracy1971)

Posted : 09/15/2013 5:09 pm

how many mg were you on?

40 mg

The pain started around month 2 I believe and yes it's totally gone away. Probably a week or so after I stopped.

MemberMember
(@biggs881)

Posted : 09/15/2013 6:20 pm

Congrats on finishing your course!

As this thread isn't a log, I've moved it to the Prescription acne medications forum.