Notifications
Clear all

At My Wits End! I Have Tried Everything!

MemberMember
(@star-55)

Posted : 08/31/2013 6:18 am

This is my 1st time posting and just wanted some advise. I have had acne ever since I can remember. I took accutane July 2012 for 6 months my skin looked great. 3 months after my spots came back so I was put on oxytetracyclin I was on that for about 4 months they stoped the spots getting out of hand amd only got a few around the time of month sometimes non at all. then all of a sudden my spots just keep coming day in day out!!! I went back to the doctors and he gave me tetracycling. I am very depressed and stressed with these spots as I don't know why I keep getting more. I stay in the house any chance I can get as I'm to ashamed to leave the house this is very difficult as I have two children!!! I also take zinc and evening primrose oil. Can anyone help?

RemyM liked
MemberMember
(@biggs881)

Posted : 08/31/2013 6:28 am

If you are female, have you tried hormonal treatments such as spironolactone or oral contraceptives?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2923944/pdf/jcad_2_12_16.pdf

post-145613-0-89800600-1377774464_thumb.

(Click to enlarge)

Good luck

RemyM liked
MemberMember
(@star-55)

Posted : 08/31/2013 6:53 am

Hi sorry forgot to say I am also on the dianette contraceptive pill!!! I can't understand why I keep breaking out!!!

MemberMember
(@remym)

Posted : 08/31/2013 9:47 am

Ruling everything else out, I'm wondering if its primarily a bacterial issue. I haven't tried it yet, but just got word from some friends with similar stories who started using a new product called zyderma hs. Will be following them closely to see how it goes. If good, I'll try it too and post results.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 08/31/2013 10:45 am

Have you looked into dietary modifications? Also try the regimen if you don't have a regimen already from the doctor.

MemberMember
(@clear-my-skin)

Posted : 08/31/2013 8:10 pm

You've probably become immune to the antibiotics, I'd see a derm.

MemberMember
(@searchandseek)

Posted : 09/01/2013 8:08 am

Try browsing the regimen gallery to see if your acne is similar to the ones that other people posted pictures of. Their acne was pretty bad and it cleared up.

If it looks similar, you can try giving the Regimen a try?