Notifications
Clear all

If Epiduo Does Not Work, Does That Mean Regimen Won't Work Either?

MemberMember
(@drewfish01)

Posted : 08/21/2013 12:04 am

I saw a derm and was prescribed epiduo which is 2.5% benzoyl peroxide and 0.1% adapalene. I have cystic acne in my jawline and in my forehead. I put this cream on my jawline and been using it for a few weeks already. Before i used it, i had about 5 cystic pimples in that area and now, its cystic pimples galore. I felt like the epiduo has damaged my jawline completely. But im still using it because i read ppl say it takes months to get better but the amount of cystic pimples in that area has me very worried. If i quit epiduo, does that mean i shouldn't even bother with the regimen as the regimen is benzoyl peroxide?

I read ppl mention how dan's benzoyl peroxide didn't work well for them but epiduo did. Someone else mention dan benzoyl peroxide work for them and now they decide to use epiduo and it works for them as well.

Should i bother with dan's regimen if epiduo doesn't work and has made my skin worst? I never had this much cystic acne before using epiduo.

MemberMember
(@mxkn)

Posted : 08/22/2013 3:43 am

I took epiduo for about 3 or 4 months at first it seemed to be working but then the breakouts got worse my face started peeling and a burning sensation kicked in. I recommend you consider Accutane at this point, it really was the best choice i made in the long run it was cheaper than everything else i tried combined, and it worked wonders specially with the cystic acne.

MemberMember
(@biggs881)

Posted : 08/22/2013 4:09 am

If you have cystic acne then you need something stronger than simply topical treatments, especially if your acne is also leaving scars.

Assuming you are male, options include:

• Oral antibiotics (which work best in combination with a topical retinoid such as Differin or Retin-A to target more factors involved in the pathogenesis of acne)
  • Accutane (which addresses all 4 pathogenic factors in acne: sebum/oil, hyperkeratinization, inflammation, and bacteria)

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=35011

Good luck

MemberMember
(@acneheadache)

Posted : 08/22/2013 2:43 pm

I used epiduo for about 6months and it brought out literally everything deep in my skin! Then it began to clear and I was left with one or two at any one time. Which was better then before but not good enough for me. So know I'm on accutane and I didn't get an initial breakout as epiduo already brought most to the surface!

Try it see how it goes and if all fails get onto accutane and hopefully you wnt have an IB like me :)