Notifications
Clear all

Zithromax And Accutane

MemberMember
(@joey1995)

Posted : 08/03/2013 9:08 am

Just wondering if anyone could help me please.

I have been prescribed a daily dose of accutane 30mg, which I have been taking since the end of June. However last week I found out my girlfriend had chlamydia, so I went to the sexual health clinic today and they have given me the antibiotic Zithromax( 4 tablets of 250mg) to take today. I am just wondering can anyone tell me if this antibiotic is safe to take with accutane? Thanks for any response in advance.

MemberMember
(@garrettryan)

Posted : 08/03/2013 9:37 am

Personally I think the combination would be fine.. but to make sure just call your pharmacist! It's perfect free advice, and they specialize in drug interactions.. so you will have the best possible answer right away!

Hope this helps (:

MemberMember
(@biggs881)

Posted : 08/03/2013 6:02 pm

Should be fine according to drugs.com

http://www.drugs.com/interactions-check.php?drug_list=300-0,1403-0

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 08/04/2013 7:05 pm

It really should be safe to do. Like garret said you could call your pharmacy and it will take all of 1 minute of your time and you will have a for sure answer that you are comfortable and is a good solid answer! Good luck

MemberMember
(@oli-girl)

Posted : 08/05/2013 10:01 am

I had to have Zithromax when I was on Accutane and it actually came from my derm as a cyst got infected. I would make sure you notify your derm of this.