Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Questions And Opinions!?

MemberMember
(@lukec304)

Posted : 07/24/2013 7:18 pm

I was prescribed accutane from my derm because I had tried EVERYTHING nothing made my acne go away. I am currently on day 35 of accutane, my first month was 40 mg once daily, now for my second month I have started 40 mg TWICE daily. I was told I have have moderate acne, I don't have any on my back or forehead. I have a lot around my mouth, and cheeks. A little on my neck but it has all gone away. My face burns a lot when I get out of the shower now from the 80 mg a day. I moisturize with eucerin, non comodegenic lotion. One cheek isncompletely clear but the other and around my mouth is terrible, why won't that stuff clear up? I hate seeing other people say they got cleared completely in 2-4 weeks?!?! I just wanna go back to my normal life, I can't even leave the house anymore other than for sports. Girls used to be all over me, now no one wants a disgusting infected face? My major question to you all is, this: my derm said since we doubled my dosage, I would clear up twice as fast? Is this true? Please someone help.

ALSO FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER *Moderator edit, twitter info removed please read the board rules*

MemberMember
(@paperboy-bike)

Posted : 07/24/2013 7:21 pm

Dude, you're on day 35. Let me repeat that, day 35!!! It can take up to 3,4,5 months or even more to clear up. I'm on month 5 and not complteley clear. If anything you should be happy you have cleared up a bit already, the IB usually lasts around 1-1.5 months.

Lukec304 liked
MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 07/24/2013 8:00 pm

I was on 70 a day for the beginning and if I remember correctly I started clearing up real good around a month and a half to two months in. So Im guessing you should start to see good progress around month 2. It may suck now but just remember your going to have flawless skin soon!

Lukec304 liked
MemberMember
(@biggs881)

Posted : 07/25/2013 2:44 am

It takes 4-6 months to clear (see my post ).

Doubling your dose probably won't clear you up twice as fast, but it may help eliminate stubborn acne (particularly chest/back acne) that would not have cleared otherwise.

See this graph. Notice how each dose clears acne at roughly the same rate?

Good luck

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 07/25/2013 4:06 pm

Anyone who claims they are clear in 2-4 weeks is full of BS. It takes months most likey 3 months is when most people start to clear up. Day 35 I was still having my IB. It took me 5 months to get clear with moderate but presistant acne like yours.

MemberMember
(@heftymug)

Posted : 07/25/2013 7:54 pm

I've had a really interesting experience with accutane so far and I believe tomorrow will be the one month mark for me. My acne was rather mild, then I tried a skin care regimen called Exposed and it made my acne severe. It was like I got a horrible IB from the exposed (to the point that I stopped using it after 6 or so weeks) then went to my doctor and she prescribed accutane. Now my acne has improved immensely, by no means clear but big improvement. I'm not sure if I just haven't gotten my IB from accutane yet or if I won't get one because my skin was already SO inflamed from "Exposed" when I started accutane.

Heres to hoping it just continues to slowly get better, going from 40mg to 80mg for month 2.

MemberMember
(@lukec304)

Posted : 07/26/2013 4:36 pm

Dude, you're on day 35. Let me repeat that, day 35!!! It can take up to 3,4,5 months or even more to clear up. I'm on month 5 and not complteley clear. If anything you should be happy you have cleared up a bit already, the IB usually lasts around 1-1.5 months.

This makes me feel better! Thank you, can't wait for flawless skin!!!