Notifications
Clear all

Has Anyone Actually Been Successful With The Pill?

MemberMember
(@rheks)

Posted : 06/17/2013 8:34 am

All I've heard from people are that the pill has made their acne worse, worse if they stopped taking it, or hasn't worked at all?

Which is really discouraging, I mean I thought perhaps it's more likely to see people complain that is hasn't worked in order for them to get more help than hear people telling their successful stories because there would be no need for them to come back on this site.

But anyway, I started taking it about a week ago, I was really skeptical about taking them because of all the horror stories I have heard when you stop taking them, but I am trying not to think about that now as I will probably be on the pill for a while anyway for my periods and contraception. But obviously I am scared about the effects, and have to think about the future for when I do need to get off them.

I did hear about weaning off the pill, which I would probably would do if it came to stopping them.

But basically I am just curious to hear the successful stories to make me feel better about taking it. My acne isn't terrible but I did want to take it because after going of antibiotics my skin went back to bad, and was getting even worse lately so felt it was the only option left.

I haven't noticed any results lately obviously, as it will take awhile. I am taking just a regular BC, not the yasmin or anything like that, because I felt those were unnecessary.

MemberMember
(@rheks)

Posted : 06/17/2013 7:02 pm

yes, no? okay..

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 06/19/2013 11:29 pm

Every single birth control pill is completely its "own thing." There is no one "Pill" anymore or such a thing as "regular" birth control. Please see the birth control link in my signature. It lists what types of progestins in birth control can make acne worse or better. Birth control can have a huge effect on your skin, so you really ought to take a close look at what's in your specific pill. It's either helping your acne or making it worse. We can't really generalize that "birth control" is good or bad for you. You're putting synthetic hormones in your body. The proportion and type of those hormones in relation to your natural hormone levels is what determines the effect on your skin.