Notifications
Clear all

Drinking While On Accutane

MemberMember
(@johnjacobs)

Posted : 06/06/2013 6:01 pm

Hi everyone,

I have been on Accutane for 11 months and just finished my treatment and am unfortunately left with severe scarring on my back where I had acne. During the first few months of my treatment last year I was able to drink normally but after about 6 months of treatment I began to resist alcohol and be very bad at drinking. For example, have 3 beers and feel hungover in the morning (i weigh 150 and am 5' 11"). I got blood tests done every month and my liver function was always normal. Has anyone else had this type of problem?

MemberMember
(@solveanceforever)

Posted : 06/06/2013 6:10 pm

Accutane is basically effective with dangerous side effects. i dont cover accutane in-depth

MemberMember
(@real-maverick)

Posted : 06/06/2013 6:35 pm

I would NEVER drink while on Accutane. Accutane compromises your entire system and puts tremendous stress on your body, especially your organs. Drinking alcohol then puts even more stress on your body and you risk liver and kidney problems.

I stupidly drank a single bottle of alcopops during my course and I come out in a rash. That was enough to show me that my body couldn't tollerate it. But visible symptoms aside, your body will be suffering immensely.

I cannot see your liver function tests being truly normal. Perhaps within an acceptable range, but not normal. Don't be fooled by the doc saying its OK, what he means is, its acceptable, i.e you're not about to drop dead.

MemberMember
(@mmthsurf)

Posted : 06/08/2013 10:45 pm

Stay very hydrated and you'll be fine.