Notifications
Clear all

Opinions On Adapalene

MemberMember
(@meheh)

Posted : 06/05/2013 2:15 pm

I was JUUUST prescribed a topical med called Tactuo for my acne. It's adapalene and benzyol peroxide (I'm thinking this is a Canadian version of Epiduo???) Just wondering if anyone had anything to share about this certain topical. I've never been on it before and I just had to pay through my bloody nose to get it filled, so any stories would be greatly appreciated smile.png My acne isn't cystic, just lots of tiny bumps/whiteheads that eventually turn into papules and pustules (what a glorious sentence that is).

MemberMember
(@hellyzloh)

Posted : 06/11/2013 10:12 pm

I'm on epiduo, I've used it for about 2.5 months every night before bed. I'm also taking doxycycline.

My advice to you is this, it does help... A lot. But you have to stick with it.... Honestly, i was pissed that i made an appointment with a dermotologist and he gave me a cream and an antibiotic! But I'm glad I stuck with it. I had some pretty bad hormonal acne, cystic too.while that isn't 100% clear, my smaller bumps and what you described (on my forehead/temples) cleared up completely within a month.

There will be a period of time, possibly 2 weeks in, where it will burn like hell when you put it on. Basically, the adapalene is peeling the dead cells and what not off your skin, and the Benzoyl peroxide is killing the bacteria, so you can see where it may get a little raw.

Wash with a non-sudsing/no exfoliant face wash 2x a day. And make sure your moisturize. I've been using CeraVe face cleanser and lotion. I'm not a fan of cetaphil... But it's similar. Oh, and make sure you wear sunscreen, you could burn more easily when on epiduo.

MemberMember
(@meheh)

Posted : 06/11/2013 11:36 pm

thanks for the reply! i can't wait for the burning period. it sounds... fun neutral.gif