Notifications
Clear all

On Solodyn For A Year, And It May Have Stopped Working

MemberMember
(@skinsos)

Posted : 05/31/2013 10:55 pm

I've been taking Solodyn for about a year now, and before that I was on doxycycline but had to be taken off because it made me extremely photosenstive. Up until now it has done wonders for my skin, I have adult acne and rosacea, and has given me better skin than I have had since before I was a teen. Last month around my time of the month I broke out quite badly so I started using coconut oil (due to its anti-bacterial nature) and it helped tremendously. I thought it would only get better from there but now this month I have once again broken out like crazy, and this time it's even worse. So no I am unsure of if the Solodyn has stopped working, or it's hormones, or my recent stress level has caused it. Does anyone know if the Solodyn would prevent breakouts caused by extreme stress or hormones?

MemberMember
(@zraden)

Posted : 06/03/2013 10:02 pm

Extreme stress or hormones can or will cause anyone to break out.

Also .. just like anything in life. If you take or use something long enough,

your body will start building tolerances to it.

You haven't touched liquor for a month chances are your going to get a buzz

after your first 6 pac of beer

You drink a 6 pac of beer every weekend... you notice on the 5 weekend... its takes a dozen

beer to get you buzzed instead of the usual 6 your used too.

MemberMember
(@snsdgirl14)

Posted : 06/15/2013 2:18 am

For me...the Solodyn didn't prevent hormonal breakouts. Nor does generic Mino. I'm coming off the Mino soon and taking a more hormonal approach to acne (i.e. birth control or Spiro). It's not healthy to be on antibiotics long term anyway.