Notifications
Clear all

Tretinoin Sucks ..yes Or No

MemberMember
(@sankofa1)

Posted : 05/21/2013 7:44 am

so after reading all the reviews on the tretinoin..and seeing it just breaking out my face more...im starting to think it really sucks...what do u think?

MemberMember
(@kailaruth)

Posted : 05/21/2013 8:05 am

It sucked for me for about 8 months and then suddenly it was the BEST. THING. EVER.

So frustrating to wait though! I am clear of stubborn non-inflamed acne now and my skin is even and looks healthy.

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 05/21/2013 8:43 am

You have to give it several months to see the full effect. Thats where most people go wrong they dont give it enough time to work.

MemberMember
(@sankofa1)

Posted : 05/21/2013 9:52 am

i feel u but how can u wait and watch your skin go through hell for several months ...how do u deal with that?

MemberMember
(@dee3)

Posted : 05/21/2013 10:49 am

I think u have to decide if you are willing to put up with the breakouts and redness/irritation for a few months if it means you will have clearer skin indefinitely after (provided you still use tretinoin to maintain it).

I have been on isotretinoin before on a low dose course and it took over 9 months for me to have clear skin, so don't lose hope. In the first few months, I like yourself was wondering if it is actually worth the wait as my skin seemed to take forever to show major improvements. In the end after the 9-10 months I was delighted with the results.

The thing you have to remember is tretinoin and other retinoids DO work, but the changes are so subtle we don't see big changes at once, it just happens slowly until you reach the day when you see an overall improvent.. And I'll tell you it's worth it.

Remember good things come to those who wait :)

MemberMember
(@sankofa1)

Posted : 05/21/2013 11:39 am

thanks Dee..ok ill give it one other month aloing with positive reinforcement,,exercise..and look to the future...if not theres gotta be another way

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 05/21/2013 12:51 pm

There really is no quit fix for acne unfortunately it sucks.. Lol