Notifications
Clear all

Strong Flushing - Should I Stop Accutane?

MemberMember
(@paul7890)

Posted : 05/11/2013 7:15 am

I'm 5 months into accutane, my face has cleared up from acne but the last few days I'm getting a very red face. It's like I'm blushing for hours on end. Currently my face has been very red for the last 5 hours or so. It was also a similar story yesterday? Gently rubbing moisturiser on my face made my entire face red and seemed to make it worse, this was hours ago. Should I tell my derm I want to get off of accutane?

MemberMember
(@oli-girl)

Posted : 05/12/2013 7:45 pm

Yes, You should! Please see in the Rosacea pinned fourm Accutane/ Mino facial flushing. Though some people with Rosacea take a low dose of Accutane, it can also cause Rosacea and major flushing! There are some that even tried to go back on accutane to cure, but it became much worse. Let your derm know and stop and hope that it is not permanent. Remember Accutane can continue to work even after discontinuing for up to at least 2-4 months if not more.

MemberMember
(@westernwisteria)

Posted : 05/20/2013 7:54 pm

I used to flush some in month 1. I've read that continued redness is actually pretty common on accutane. You might want to try another moisterizer, because they can contain ingredients that may not have irritated your skin last month but definitely can this month!

I'd ask your derm, it's funny how much they know. The blogs I've read the folks only had the redness for a few weeks and then all was well again and it didn't come back after treatment ended.

MemberMember
(@matman)

Posted : 05/23/2013 2:59 pm

My face flushed as bad as the devil himself, and it did not stop before after the treatment.

But i can advise you not to take long hot showers.