Notifications
Clear all

Antibiotics And Probiotics

MemberMember
(@rarrrgh)

Posted : 05/02/2013 6:35 am

Has anyone found that supplimenting antibiotics with probiotics could help the acne stay away after stopping the use of antibiotics? Just curious if there is ANYONE out there who recieved long term and or perminant clear skin from using antibiotics for their acne and maybe some advice on how to break the cycle of acne returning shortly after antibiotics are done.

Im taking minocycline now and I refuse to be on it for more than a month, unless my derm can seriously convince me otherwise, I do not like the idea of long term antibiotics, freaks me out.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 05/02/2013 9:06 am

Have you taken other antibiotics before?

I have yet to see one person remain clear post-antibiotics.

MemberMember
(@rarrrgh)

Posted : 05/02/2013 10:39 am

No this is my first and hopefully last time on antibiotics. Been 10 days and still no real improvement. So frustrating.

MemberMember
(@vituperative)

Posted : 05/02/2013 1:29 pm

I'm 3 weeks into Doryx but at around 14 days I suffered a really bad break out, which has cleared up pretty nicely now. I am struggling with the marks though but that's something I've always struggled with. I have red spots from 6 months ago. I am also worried about stopping antibiotics and having the acne return (worse than before even). I don't know why I agreed to antibiotics... I think I'm just feeling desperate.

It's so frustrating to be a child and then start getting acne at 11 years old and then never, ever get to feel pretty or youthful or attractive cause of acne! You just go from amazing childhood skin to diseased, scarred, red, inflamed, painful acne and having it impact your self esteem for more than half your life :(

MemberMember
(@rarrrgh)

Posted : 05/02/2013 2:31 pm

You are 11 years old now? I am 23 and this is the first really really bad breakout ive ever had. Ive always had acne prone skin but nothing even close to what im dealing with right now. I typically have alwys had a bumpy face but not a lot of active pimples and they were always dispersed never in clusters like i have now. They are mostly on my right side cheek and jawline and on my left side also but very minimal. The pain has gone away, i think maybe the mino has killed off the bacteria from the inside however topically i still have 20 or so whiteheads which are impossible to hide. I pray that antibiotics will work quickly to clear this breakout and then i can go back to normal life :(. 3 months ago my skin was pretty clear and had been that way for most of my life (compared to this breakout anyway). It kills me that before this breakout i was getting good grades in college, had a nice boy and lots of friends...all of those things are gone now because i hide away and try not to be seen by pushing those people away from me including family members. It really sucks to feel this way. Acne is more than a skin disease it consumes the emotions and can really ware someone down :(...hang in there we can all find what works for us and overcome this!

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 05/02/2013 5:08 pm

You are 11 years old now? I am 23 and this is the first really really bad breakout ive ever had. Ive always had acne prone skin but nothing even close to what im dealing with right now. I typically have alwys had a bumpy face but not a lot of active pimples and they were always dispersed never in clusters like i have now. They are mostly on my right side cheek and jawline and on my left side also but very minimal. The pain has gone away, i think maybe the mino has killed off the bacteria from the inside however topically i still have 20 or so whiteheads which are impossible to hide. I pray that antibiotics will work quickly to clear this breakout and then i can go back to normal life sad.png. 3 months ago my skin was pretty clear and had been that way for most of my life (compared to this breakout anyway). It kills me that before this breakout i was getting good grades in college, had a nice boy and lots of friends...all of those things are gone now because i hide away and try not to be seen by pushing those people away from me including family members. It really sucks to feel this way. Acne is more than a skin disease it consumes the emotions and can really ware someone down sad.png...hang in there we can all find what works for us and overcome this!

Welcome to the life of an acne sufferer! You are definitely not alone, there are TONS of people like you in college... TONS

Did you have unusual amounts of stress recently or any significant dietary changes?

MemberMember
(@rarrrgh)

Posted : 05/02/2013 8:55 pm

You are 11 years old now? I am 23 and this is the first really really bad breakout ive ever had. Ive always had acne prone skin but nothing even close to what im dealing with right now. I typically have alwys had a bumpy face but not a lot of active pimples and they were always dispersed never in clusters like i have now. They are mostly on my right side cheek and jawline and on my left side also but very minimal. The pain has gone away, i think maybe the mino has killed off the bacteria from the inside however topically i still have 20 or so whiteheads which are impossible to hide. I pray that antibiotics will work quickly to clear this breakout and then i can go back to normal life sad.png. 3 months ago my skin was pretty clear and had been that way for most of my life (compared to this breakout anyway). It kills me that before this breakout i was getting good grades in college, had a nice boy and lots of friends...all of those things are gone now because i hide away and try not to be seen by pushing those people away from me including family members. It really sucks to feel this way. Acne is more than a skin disease it consumes the emotions and can really ware someone down sad.png...hang in there we can all find what works for us and overcome this!

Welcome to the life of an acne sufferer! You are definitely not alone, there are TONS of people like you in college... TONS

Did you have unusual amounts of stress recently or any significant dietary changes?

Actually yes i have been very stressed out about some other health issues as well as a crap ton of family and money problems on top of all that i was so stressed and far behind i even had to drop out of my senior thesis class and take a withdrawal and will have to hold off on graduating for another year. Talk about stress :(......