Notifications
Clear all

Taking Doxy + Lymecycline Together Okay?

MemberMember
(@epuree)

Posted : 04/13/2013 5:17 am

Hi,

Just wondering, is it okay to take both Doxy and Lymecycline together?

I was on Doxy and it was getting progressively better, then last week I was breaking out really badly, my gp then gave me lymecycline when I told her abt this.

Should I stop the Doxy completely ? I've yet to finish 8 weeks,I wld say I'm on my 7th week. Or can I take both together for a period of time before weaning the Doxy off later on?

The thing is I'm not even sure if Doxy works for me or not - whether I am resistant to it or not

.. Anyways just wanted to know if taking them both at 100mg and 300mg respectively would cause any adverse effects.

Thanks!!

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 04/13/2013 7:53 am

No you should not take them together. They are both in the tetracycline group. Take one or the other.

Hi,

Just wondering, is it okay to take both Doxy and Lymecycline together?

I was on Doxy and it was getting progressively better, then last week I was breaking out really badly, my gp then gave me lymecycline when I told her abt this.

Should I stop the Doxy completely ? I've yet to finish 8 weeks,I wld say I'm on my 7th week. Or can I take both together for a period of time before weaning the Doxy off later on?

The thing is I'm not even sure if Doxy works for me or not - whether I am resistant to it or not

.. Anyways just wanted to know if taking them both at 100mg and 300mg respectively would cause any adverse effects.

Thanks!!