Notifications
Clear all

Roaccutane 'isotretinoin' Course

MemberMember
(@linx)

Posted : 03/19/2013 12:30 pm

Hey i'm 16 years of age and suffered acne a good 7 years,last month I was recomened and put through to a dermatologist by my GP.

I was weighed and stuff and blood tests was taken and i was put on 'isotretinoin 30g' a day. Iv had dry lips and nothing more my acne has gone from bad to really really bad and I don't go out and struggle to go to school. My dermatologist did say they will get worse for the first week or two but they have got so bad and i'm coming tot he end of my course this Friday they turning into boils but a few months ago they cleared up on them self's and came back so I had no choice but to be on 'isotretinoin' as it's my ;last option.

Had my new blood tests on last Friday to so hope results all come out good i'm just wondering when i I go back this Friday to my dermo if when they increase my dosage how long could it be till i see results because it's making me suffer from loads of presser for my prom when i leave in may and putting stress on me for my exams just want a clear face like everyone else has at my school to be honest.

I hope to see results in the first month of my new upcoming higher dose course.

They was clearing but now they gone bad.

First week or two into my treatment on a scale of 1/10 giving a rating of 8 it cleared yyVs6vM.png

To this - after a few weeks moree...Oyl2iQy.jpg

post-193239-0-02992500-1363820441_thumb.

post-193239-0-23511100-1363820498_thumb.

post-193239-0-02992500-1363820441_thumb.

post-193239-0-23511100-1363820498_thumb.

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 03/19/2013 12:35 pm

Ha, you look like me when I was your age. Good luck with the Roaccutane! :)

MemberMember
(@dumdedum)

Posted : 03/19/2013 12:56 pm

Don't stress it differs in people on how long it takes to take effect

Yes it will get worse in week 1 and two maybe even the third at a month you will see improvement but it can take up to 5 months to make a major difference if you are being put up a dose are you going to be moved up to 60 or 80? Because the higher the dose the quicker you will see the results depending on how your body takes

When is your prom and how long is your course?

MemberMember
(@linx)

Posted : 03/19/2013 7:14 pm

They just put me on 30g to see how my body copes and I had no affects to it. they did say when I first take it they will increase my dose to speed the process up after they first month but as iv already nearly done my first month 2days to go they Gould hopefully upper it. Just hate waking up feeling like rubbish x

MemberMember
(@dumdedum)

Posted : 03/19/2013 7:43 pm

Well your acne is bad so I presume they will up the dosage to maybe 60 or 80

You will probably be at least on it 5 months at 80 maybe depending etc

Well by prom if they up the dose your skin should be a lot better I know how you feel I had my prom last year and I really didn't want to go with acne I wanted to get in pictures and have pictures taken as its meant to be a good night but I just hid away and I didn't enjoy myself in the slightest and wanted to go home

But your acne should be quite a bit better by prom if it is bothering you that much they can give you a topical antibiotic to use in conjunction only danger is it may upset your skin

If you go up a dose in the end it's your choice as long as your body weight allows you to do so and your dermatologist gives you a choice if they agree you can depending if it is also working at that dose but usually they put you up anyway just to see how your body reacts but I'd say go up if possible of you want clearer skin by prom and the severity of your acne will need a higher dose by the looks of things but that's my opinion

I understand how you feel but sadly it doesn't work over night as you know and it's a long process and I know by 3rd month you may be still getting 1 or 2 spots or not cleared much and feel like giving up be patient you will get there in the end and its worth the wait! :) be patient you will get there in the end!

If you're ever feeling like rubbish or feel like giving up feel free to message me :)

MemberMember
(@linx)

Posted : 03/20/2013 7:51 am

Thanks man mean's alot and surely they will bump me up to 60 or 80 as i'm 6ft 4 and weigh 13 stone soo yeah...

MemberMember
(@dumdedum)

Posted : 03/20/2013 8:38 am

You should be on 80 in that case quite a bit of your acne should be gone for prom maybe pretty much most or all but some should so dont stress too much about prom :) good luck keep us posted on the progress

MemberMember
(@katnewby)

Posted : 03/20/2013 8:53 am

Aww, I think you're a cutie with our without acne, if that makes you feel better lol.

It may help you to look at youtube videos where people experience their initial break-out (IB). It can be so incredibly stressful, but even those with the worst of IB's end up with beautiful skin by the end of it. It's crazy how quickly (and how severe) it can come and go.

I'm sure when they up your dose you'll be much better within a couple of months.

MemberMember
(@linx)

Posted : 03/20/2013 5:13 pm

Thanks fir the support means alot from all of you and I guess it's hard being a teenager and seeing rest of people in your school with clear faces just makes me jealous, but hopefully I can over come this problem in a few months time being on this course can't to see the results x

MemberMember
(@dumdedum)

Posted : 03/20/2013 5:25 pm

Yeah I'm in year 12 and 16 too I hate walking around sixth form clear skin same when I was in secondary school it sucks trust me you will see results :)

MemberMember
(@linx)

Posted : 03/20/2013 5:53 pm

Thanks alot dude keeps my hopes up and rises my mood up to a good level ill upload pictures as I progress mate so I can see the results my self to

MemberMember
(@linx)

Posted : 03/22/2013 7:20 am

Been to my dermo today and I was put up to 60mg. Ill edit this post and do a week by week update on pictures and information

MemberMember
(@dumdedum)

Posted : 03/22/2013 8:22 am

Awesome :)

MemberMember
(@accutastic)

Posted : 03/22/2013 8:23 am

Good luck to you! I've just done my first week of 40 mg a day myself with great results so far.

MemberMember
(@linx)

Posted : 03/22/2013 11:18 am

Good luck to you! I've just done my first week of 40 mg a day myself with great results so far.

Your on 40mg and see results in a week? is this your first course or second?

and good luck man.

MemberMember
(@accutastic)

Posted : 03/22/2013 2:35 pm

Gah, I'm getting my initial breakout now. Spoke too soon I guess! First course for mild-moderate acne with VERY oily skin.

MemberMember
(@linx)

Posted : 03/23/2013 10:56 am

Gah, I'm getting my initial breakout now. Spoke too soon I guess! First course for mild-moderate acne with VERY oily skin.

I had my break out on the first month and it was pretty bad! I found it to be one hardest tins with my acne I have had but no pressure I'm just rubbish with self confidence hahah! but just think after your first course your results can only get better thats the way I thought of it, now I'm just guessing they will start going after first few weeks into my second course on 60mg. It's my second day on it so good luck to me and you ;)

MemberMember
(@linx)

Posted : 03/31/2013 10:16 am

I'm on a week and 2 month now and in all fairness it's Evan worse and I'm on 60mg no effects yep but dry lips :(((

MemberMember
(@dumdedum)

Posted : 04/14/2013 5:53 pm

It will be worse but it will get better you may not see major improvements till like the fifth month don't give up it will get better :)