Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Fifth Month Breakout, Could It Be Probiotics? - Help

MemberMember
(@emitawolff)

Posted : 03/16/2013 7:31 am

Hi guys - I really hope there is someone out there who can help me ....

I am feeling extremely depressed - been on a sucessfull accutane course for almost 5 months (20 mg daily) (I am vary small, 44 kg)

It has cleared me up great - along with very healthy gluten-dairy-sugarfree diet.

a couple of weeks ago, I started having a stomach flu .. dairrhea and stuff .. I took a probiotic supplement for 2 days .. then I stopped. now, 2 days after, I have gotten 2 very angry looking pimples (one is a cyst) and I feel sore on my cheek, so I am afraid that the breakout will continue.

Could this have something to do with the probiotics, or is it "just" the accutane?

Please share some experiences, I feel so bad about myself and I am so afraid that I will continue to break out ...

Any input would be great :)

MemberMember
(@emitawolff)

Posted : 03/16/2013 12:38 pm

Anyone??

MemberMember
(@dumdedum)

Posted : 03/17/2013 3:59 pm

I had this! I got to 4 and a half months and got like 4 spots I was clear after one month I was so upset! I waited and it calmed down and now its all gone

I also had flu but if it persists go to your derm or doctor will be able to prescribe something like Zineryt it will help

Be patient it takes time don't get upset about it Accutane can take longer to clear people compared to another person it all depends on their body

MemberMember
(@emitawolff)

Posted : 03/18/2013 2:44 am

I had this! I got to 4 and a half months and got like 4 spots I was clear after one month I was so upset! I waited and it calmed down and now its all gone

I also had flu but if it persists go to your derm or doctor will be able to prescribe something like Zineryt it will help

Be patient it takes time don't get upset about it Accutane can take longer to clear people compared to another person it all depends on their body

Thank you so much for sharing your experince .. Yea, It really sucks when you are almost clear, and does not expect it ..

I think I'm going to ask my derm for zineryt today. Glad to hear that yours dissapeared 🙂

Thanx 🙂

MemberMember
(@bobthewielder)

Posted : 03/22/2013 12:18 pm

Hey, somewhat unrelated to the topic but, when you break out while accutane, wouldn't it, in theory, make your skin scar worse because your skin is so dried out all the time?

Edit: That is assuming that you have scar prone skin, as I do.