Notifications
Clear all

Done With My Accutane Journey! (Pics)

MemberMember
(@heftymug)

Posted : 07/20/2013 11:05 pm

congrats man, you got some awesome results!

MemberMember
(@3lilpigs)

Posted : 07/21/2013 3:02 pm

Florencienne, I was thinking the exact same thing when I looked at the pictures. Those lips are my what I dream of! I paid a heap of money for my plastic surgeon to make my lips look like his, to no avail. I didn't even notice any acne, your features are so perfect! I have parked my white van with tinted windows around the corner, waiting to creep on you! Lol, you are a very handsome young man, Congrats on the success of your clear skin! Now, get out there and make use of those fabulous lips; KISS the girl you have that crush on!! ;)

MemberMember
(@ksg1996)

Posted : 07/21/2013 3:57 pm

Florencienne, I was thinking the exact same thing when I looked at the pictures. Those lips are my what I dream of! I paid a heap of money for my plastic surgeon to make my lips look like his, to no avail. I didn't even notice any acne, your features are so perfect! I have parked my white van with tinted windows around the corner, waiting to creep on you! Lol, you are a very handsome young man, Congrats on the success of your clear skin! Now, get out there and make use of those fabulous lips; KISS the girl you have that crush on!! wink.png

Haha why thank you. Never thought my lips were of that much envy for some :P Thank you again. That's a confidence booster.

MemberMember
(@ls206816)

Posted : 07/23/2013 8:51 pm

Awesome! So happy for you! Your skin looks amazing!

MemberMember
(@ksg1996)

Posted : 07/26/2013 12:23 am

And another bump for the collection.

MemberMember
(@gab4)

Posted : 08/17/2013 11:16 am

Awesome. The acne-free picture were took after 4.5 mounths on accutane ? After how many time you can have a peeling ? I've seen that you can't do anything for scaring before 6 to 12 mounths when you finish accutane, maybe i'm wrong. Can you post picture of your scaring ? How many mounths have you finished accutane ? I'm on day 8 and i think the initial breakout is kicking in :( and i'm starting school next week, so so stressed. How long did your IB last ? thanks a lot.

MemberMember
(@superyew)

Posted : 08/20/2013 3:14 pm

Wow, it feels as if you and me have the same type face, I had real bad acne under my jaw line and cheeks, it really takes a toll on your confidence and makes you depressed if you let it get to you. But its so hard to ignore it, acne has got to be one of the toughest things to go through, almost harder than cancer imo because cancer you still look fine on the outside, severe acne you walk around and you get looks, and in this day and age appearance seems to be everything to people.

Anyways, my face looks kind of like yours does currently, alot of scarring, starting my second month of accutane, two 40mgs a day. Still have some active acne left but its starting to go away. What im wondering is I have alot of the scarring/hyperpigmentation as well, what are you doing to help get rid of it and if you are doing anything is it working? Because you arent suppose to do anything for scarring for up to 6 months so they say. Any help would be nice

MemberMember
(@chrissy-cambell)

Posted : 08/21/2013 4:00 pm

In the next year you will see a dramatic improvement in those scars once the accutane wears of, thats exactly what happened to me. Sadly my acne come back 7 years later, hopefully your are acne free for life.#

good luck mate

MemberMember
(@superyew)

Posted : 08/21/2013 9:54 pm

In the next year you will see a dramatic improvement in those scars once the accutane wears of, thats exactly what happened to me. Sadly my acne come back 7 years later, hopefully your are acne free for life.#

good luck mate

Did they go away on their own? Or did you do a treatment method

MemberMember
(@superyew)

Posted : 08/23/2013 12:45 pm

Bump to question above ^

MemberMember
(@ls206816)

Posted : 08/29/2013 10:42 pm

Just wondering what your using now that your done. My derm gave me no advice at all!

MemberMember
(@aussieface)

Posted : 08/30/2013 9:09 am

Wow, you are an inspiration.

MemberMember
(@ksg1996)

Posted : 09/02/2013 12:32 am

Just wondering what your using now that your done. My derm gave me no advice at all!

Been off of Acne.org for quite a while due to school being in the way (and social life obvs :P) but this is what I do now:

I still have some red marks mostly on my cheeks, but after 3 TCA peels I decided to try a more natural approach with my skin due to it being so sensitive and all. I began using Aloe Vera straight from the plant (I extract the gel myself) and apply it twice a day (morning and night). I've used it a week so far and it is absolutely amazing. I've seen my skin improve greatly in appearance. My overall skin color is finally starting to match my neck color and so on. 2 days ago I drank a little too much liquor which gave me a breakout today, but the Aloe helps a ton.

Trust me mate. If you have the red marks, I suggest you look into using 100% all natural Aloe Vera. Go to your supermarket, buy the leaf which costs like $2, wash the outside with water, cut it in half, and scrape all of that gel into a plastic container. Put some on your face and store the container in the freezer. You will see results. Hope I helped :)

Wow, it feels as if you and me have the same type face, I had real bad acne under my jaw line and cheeks, it really takes a toll on your confidence and makes you depressed if you let it get to you. But its so hard to ignore it, acne has got to be one of the toughest things to go through, almost harder than cancer imo because cancer you still look fine on the outside, severe acne you walk around and you get looks, and in this day and age appearance seems to be everything to people.

Anyways, my face looks kind of like yours does currently, alot of scarring, starting my second month of accutane, two 40mgs a day. Still have some active acne left but its starting to go away. What im wondering is I have alot of the scarring/hyperpigmentation as well, what are you doing to help get rid of it and if you are doing anything is it working? Because you arent suppose to do anything for scarring for up to 6 months so they say. Any help would be nice

Well I suggest you don't do anything to your skin while on Accutane. Just leave the medication function. Afterwards, wait like 6 months and ask about a TCA peel. It won't help much with the red marks, but it will surely help on the skin's texture and overall scarring. After, I suggest you use Aloe Vera gel straight from the plant. Do NOT buy the gel; get it yourself. How? Buy the leaf at your supermarket (it's really inexpensive, like $2), wash it on the outside, cut it in half, and scrape off all of that gel into a plastic container. Put some on your face since it's fresh when you just cut it, and store the container in the fridge.

I've used aloe vera for around a week so far, and it's done wonders. I'll post pictures whenever I can.

MemberMember
(@superyew)

Posted : 09/02/2013 3:35 pm

Been off of Acne.org for quite a while due to school being in the way (and social life obvs tongue.png) but this is what I do now:

I still have some red marks mostly on my cheeks, but after 3 TCA peels I decided to try a more natural approach with my skin due to it being so sensitive and all. I began using Aloe Vera straight from the plant (I extract the gel myself) and apply it twice a day (morning and night). I've used it a week so far and it is absolutely amazing. I've seen my skin improve greatly in appearance. My overall skin color is finally starting to match my neck color and so on. 2 days ago I drank a little too much liquor which gave me a breakout today, but the Aloe helps a ton.

Trust me mate. If you have the red marks, I suggest you look into using 100% all natural Aloe Vera. Go to your supermarket, buy the leaf which costs like $2, wash the outside with water, cut it in half, and scrape all of that gel into a plastic container. Put some on your face and store the container in the freezer. You will see results. Hope I helped smile.png

>>Wow, it feels as if you and me have the same type face, I had real bad acne under my jaw line and cheeks, it really takes a toll on your confidence and makes you depressed if you let it get to you. But its so hard to ignore it, acne has got to be one of the toughest things to go through, almost harder than cancer imo because cancer you still look fine on the outside, severe acne you walk around and you get looks, and in this day and age appearance seems to be everything to people.

Well I suggest you don't do anything to your skin while on Accutane. Just leave the medication function. Afterwards, wait like 6 months and ask about a TCA peel. It won't help much with the red marks, but it will surely help on the skin's texture and overall scarring. After, I suggest you use Aloe Vera gel straight from the plant. Do NOT buy the gel; get it yourself. How? Buy the leaf at your supermarket (it's really inexpensive, like $2), wash it on the outside, cut it in half, and scrape off all of that gel into a plastic container. Put some on your face since it's fresh when you just cut it, and store the container in the fridge.

I've used aloe vera for around a week so far, and it's done wonders. I'll post pictures whenever I can.

I heard about a soap that helps with the skin, Called "The Miracle Bar" - *Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules*

Its an all natural soap, amazing ingreadients and I emailed the creator of the soap and he says the soap is great with scarring and he claims that his scars are almost completely gone from the soap alone. Check it out.

MemberMember
(@hasmas)

Posted : 09/02/2013 3:39 pm

Awesome results awesome skin it will keep healing for 6 months after you finish your course so form March to September<3 Whats your wieght in kg and what was your dosage?

MemberMember
(@ksg1996)

Posted : 09/02/2013 7:34 pm

Awesome results awesome skin it will keep healing for 6 months after you finish your course so form March to September<3 Whats your wieght in kg and what was your dosage?

Thanks man.

My weight is 78.9 kg and my dosage was 30mg every day.

MemberMember
(@miickey-mouse)

Posted : 10/02/2013 10:34 am

Wow that is a 100% improvement looking great man. I'm on my third month of accutane and things are starting to get better. I Know exactly how you felt, I missed school because of my acne and my grades suffered for it. My face is starting to clear now but I am left with a lot of red/purple marks and scars. I have tanned skin so they are more visible. They will go however. Chemical peels work well. Your lucky you tackled your acne at 16, your skin is still young and will fully recover by itself. The peels will just speed up the process.

Good job man, you are seriously an inspiration

MemberMember
(@ksg1996)

Posted : 10/03/2013 10:11 pm

Wow that is a 100% improvement looking great man. I'm on my third month of accutane and things are starting to get better. I Know exactly how you felt, I missed school because of my acne and my grades suffered for it. My face is starting to clear now but I am left with a lot of red/purple marks and scars. I have tanned skin so they are more visible. They will go however. Chemical peels work well. Your lucky you tackled your acne at 16, your skin is still young and will fully recover by itself. The peels will just speed up the process.

Good job man, you are seriously an inspiration

Thank you so much for your response. I'm happy knowing that my experience can serve as inspiration to others. Remember to always have your head held up high because it gets only better.

I haven't seen these pictures in like 2-3 months. I myself was shocked to look at them just now and realize how much my face has improved since that moment. It actually gave me goosebumps looking back. I can't believe I was able to go through all that psychologically and physically.

Remember, if you have any questions about the 'tane and/or need support, you can message me anytime.

Cheers.

MemberMember
(@olly-c)

Posted : 10/04/2013 4:30 am

I'm nearly done with accutane too and it has literally saved my life.

I couldn't mentally handle going through it again.

How is your skin doing now? do you still have scarring or hyper - pigmentation? and do you ever break out?

MemberMember
(@ksg1996)

Posted : 10/05/2013 7:58 am

I'm nearly done with accutane too and it has literally saved my life.

I couldn't mentally handle going through it again.

How is your skin doing now? do you still have scarring or hyper - pigmentation? and do you ever break out?

It took me a while for Accutane to be considered a life-saver, but it definitely helped. I was offered a 2nd course around a month ago but I said no instantly.

Well since I'm 17, my hormones kicked in like 3 weeks ago and it caused me to breakout around my chin/jaw area. I still have some red marks on my cheeks, but it's the pimples themselves that make them look red and recent. When I was clear, my acne marks are barely noticeable, and my friends have told me that several times on how much my skin had improved.

So yeah, I broke out, but I'm currently taking doxycycline 100mg twice a day just until I can get the hormonal acne under control. After I'm done with Doxy, I'll start taking Zinc, which I heard helps TONS with acne and it greatly reduces the oil on your face.

F**king hormones. Oh well, at least I got broader shoulders and bigger arms/legs right now. People have told me that :P Cheers.

MemberMember
(@freefood)

Posted : 10/05/2013 12:45 pm

Thanks man.

May i know how long was ur course? I am around same weight as you but am taking 20mg daily. I calculated i would need 450 days to complete the course (120mg/kg) which i feel is really long.. as normally others complete theirs within 6 - 8 months but at a higher dose.

MemberMember
(@ksg1996)

Posted : 10/05/2013 7:19 pm

Thanks man.

May i know how long was ur course? I am around same weight as you but am taking 20mg daily. I calculated i would need 450 days to complete the course (120mg/kg) which i feel is really long.. as normally others complete theirs within 6 - 8 months but at a higher dose.

4.5 - 5 months was my course length.

MemberMember
(@freefood)

Posted : 10/05/2013 9:44 pm

Thanks man.

Hmm from what i read , a cumulative dosage of 120 mg per kg is required in order to prevent remission of the acne. Did your derm explain why ur cumulative dosage is low?

MemberMember
(@ksg1996)

Posted : 10/06/2013 12:03 am

Thanks man.

Hmm from what i read , a cumulative dosage of 120 mg per kg is required in order to prevent remission of the acne. Did your derm explain why ur cumulative dosage is low?

He told me it was because my body was reacting to the medication the same way I would've if I had taken my proper dose (which I am guessing is 80mg per day). You can just tell by the before pictures that my skin was dry enough. My lips would chap and the inside of my nose was dry as paper.

I asked him several times to bump me up to a higher dose, but he never wanted to because of that reason.

MemberMember
(@gingerbaby)

Posted : 10/08/2013 2:43 pm

Thank you for sharing your story! I'm glad that Accutane worked for you, your skin looks 100 x's better! Good luck with the chemical peels, and again thank you for posting. I'm sure you have helped many currently going through the same situation. I too know where the downward spiral that depression from the way your skin looks can lead you. ermm.gif But your posts are inspiring!