Notifications
Clear all

Increase Of Triglycerides Level...how?

MemberMember
(@pertijayjay)

Posted : 02/21/2013 1:58 pm

I have been on accutane for several months now. But for the last 2 months I have been on 60mg's a day. I knew that before I started accutane I had an issue with eating.

I am 5'4 and weight 122lbs (someday) and I only eat when I need to take the accutane (I might as well be honest if I want some honest answers).

I have been eating for lunch EVERYDAY LITERALLY apples and peanut butter (because I finally came to the conclusion that i should follow what my doctor says and eat more of a fatty food when taking the medicine and my skin has been getting better and better)

well thinking I was going to be over with the whole process yesterday, my doctor says 1 more month of 60mgs a day which is cool with me, but when he told me my triglycerides were a little high of course I did some research.

I dont over eat ever.

I work out 6 times maybe 7 times a week (I live in the gym). when I do eat I make sure to not overdo it with the fats or the carbs and I HATE the taste of alcohol ever since I started taking Accutane, and if I didnt get that gross taste in my mouth from being dehydrated, I probably wouldnt drink anything.

how does one lower there triglycerides when they dont even consume enough calories let alone fat/carbs of the daily recommended value?

at this point all I can think of is stop eating (because Im obviously all not there in the head) but that probably wouldnt work in my best interest.

please help before I drive myself insane thinking Im getting fat because my triglycerides were a little high

PS: if you have an eating issue, I would NOT recommend the Accutane process to you. It hard to deal with both skin and body issues at one time

MemberMember
(@oli-girl)

Posted : 02/21/2013 7:32 pm

Doesn't matter if you have a healthy diet..has nothing to do with weight either! RX info states accutane can raise cholesterol levels and may or may not go back to normal! Only way is to either lower dose or stop! It may go back to normal once course is over!

Doesn't matter if you have a healthy diet..has nothing to do with weight either! RX info states accutane can raise cholesterol levels and may or may not go back to normal! Only way is to either lower dose or stop! It may go back to normal once course is over!

MemberMember
(@lillyrose7)

Posted : 02/25/2013 2:34 pm

triglycerides and cholesterol can go up on accutane, its why they check your blood constantly, amongst other things. Both of those have nothing to do with your level of exercise or diet, you can be very slim with high cholesterol and very fat with low. Of course diet is very important, but in this case its the accutane.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 02/27/2013 7:36 pm

whatever you do, dont stop eating. Accutane can raise ur cholesterol if it wants to, no matter how clean you eat or how much you work out theres nothing you can do about it. Just keep eating healthy...maybe more than just apples and you'll be fine...mine went up a little but then they went back down near the end and i wasnt even doing anything different so dont worry.