Notifications
Clear all

Acne Late 30's

MemberMember
(@aquaaura999)

Posted : 02/15/2013 6:16 am

Suffered for years with acne but mostly when I was in my 30's. been taking tetralysal for over a year and worked brilliantly. Over the last couple of months the acne has begun to creep up again, which then leads me to depression and not leaving the house. I take one a day. Has anyone taken more to get rid of them? The only other time I had brilliant skin was when I was expecting, but that's going a bit extream!

Can anyone give advice.

MemberMember
(@rjt623)

Posted : 02/15/2013 11:51 am

I am 32, I've had acne since age 11/12. I saw lots of improvement in my early twenties, then it came back with a vengeance in my later 20's. Like you, the best skin of my life was during both of my pregnancies! But, we're done having kids :) I've been through all sorts of products and remedies, with moderate success. Proactiv was great for me in my teens and early 20's, but not in recent years. My doctor gave me an erythromycin gel to use to get me over my current breakout, which is the worst I've had in years. And just this week I started using Paula's Choice Clear, and I love it so far. The products are super gentle and completely odorless. I noticed a reduction in redness and inflammation right away. I tend to get cysts on my chin, and they are healing up nicely. I have also been eating a more healthy diet, cut out dairy and most sugars. I'm taking vitamin D3, zinc, and Niacin. I'm drinking lemon water and green tea. I have to start exercising more and stress less. This is my new year's resolution - to stick with this plan and give it time. I usually quit too soon.Not sure if any of this will help you, but just know that you're not alone :)

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 02/15/2013 12:39 pm

Hey and welcome to the acne.org community! As an acne sufferer for over 20 years and being a single woman in her 30's, I can understand the depression and anxiety acne can cause, however you aren't alone! smile.png We at the community really encourage you to look at healing your acne as a step by step approach that address the physical symptoms and emotional scars left behind... First, have you considered trying the regimen? Speaking from personal experience, it's the only skin care regimen that has worked on my stubborn, moderate to severe cystic acne. No amount of prescriptions and over the counter products has worked the wonders the regimen has. Take a look at how the regimen works and what products you'll need... Never feel like you have to suffer alone... Reach out to the community as we're all together to help support one another... Try to keep your head up and have faith things will get better and in the mean time, take a look at the site and perhaps you'll find a lot of useful information... Good luck and keep us up to date on your progress... smile.png

MemberMember
(@real-maverick)

Posted : 02/15/2013 12:58 pm

Aside from The Regimen, I would also look in to Accutane. If you're still suffering in your late 30's, it's obviously not teenage acne that's going to go away by itself.

It's certainly worth discussing the option with your Dr, if you haven't already.