Notifications
Clear all

If My Skin Can Tolerate It, Is There Any Reason Why I Shouldn't Use Retin-A Twice A Day?

MemberMember
(@blankdiscs)

Posted : 12/31/2012 6:38 pm

I've read Retin-A w/ glycolic acid is great for the skin. I also read that you should start with a lower percentage of Retin-A and gradually work up to 0.1%. But my skin has always been able to tolerate things pretty well so I decided to start with 0.1%. I'm only 2 days into it, but I've been using it in the morning and at night before bed. Aside from some peeling (nothing significant), is there a reason why I shouldn't continue to use Retin-A everyday, twice a day?

MemberMember
(@mermaidlovex)

Posted : 01/26/2013 11:24 am

if you've only be using it for two days you don't know the real side affects of it. I used retina before and I used it every other day and for a month It looked like I had burns on my face and peeling was horrible. using it twice a day can be very dangerous cause your skin will be sun sensitive and you'll get sunburn which can lead to other things. only use it at night. retinoid creams or gels is a serious topical vitamin that sheds the first layer of skin more rapidly.

MemberMember
(@clearupacne)

Posted : 01/29/2013 8:33 pm

I would stick to once a day, applying more isn't going to clear up your skin any faster. I needs the time to rejuvenate whether you're applying once or twice daily.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 02/01/2013 10:45 pm

Retin A can't increase your cell turnover that fast. Once a day is really the max. You're basically wasting product by doing this.