Notifications
Clear all

Acne Hell, Should I Start Accutane? Help! (Pictures Of My Horrendous Acne)

MemberMember
(@idreamofclearskin94)

Posted : 12/19/2012 4:02 am

post-192673-0-09851700-1355907675_thumb.

post-192673-0-12241400-1355907695_thumb.

post-192673-0-09851700-1355907675_thumb.

post-192673-0-12241400-1355907695_thumb.

MemberMember
(@kmartineau07)

Posted : 12/19/2012 4:32 pm

I just started accutane yesterday, and my acne is about the same level as yours. It's worth a try! What do you have to lose? That's how I feel anyways...

Hopefully it works :)

MemberMember
(@pimplefactory)

Posted : 12/27/2012 7:24 am

I would say use the benzoyl peroxide thingy.. i still feel its the safest of them all. How long would you depend on taking accutane?

MemberMember
(@thezoolander)

Posted : 12/27/2012 11:46 pm

Accutane fucks you up. Bad. I'd only use it as an absolute last resort.

Have you already tried Retin-A and Epiduo? Anything like Glycolic cleaners?

MemberMember
(@wilsypt)

Posted : 01/06/2013 10:40 pm

Have you tried Dans regime? I'm having great results with BP. I have less acne but much bigger cystic ones which seem to be clearing up quickly. My face is quite 'hard' from the regime. It feels tight and uncomfortable at times but I read that us to be expected.

Ps you are gorgeous, acne won't change that.

Aaron

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 01/09/2013 8:24 pm

Accutane, birth control, or spironolactone.

Many women relapse after their Accutane course ends. Your acne is probably hormonal. You'd be better off with the hormonal treatment options (birth control or spironolactone).

If you go the BC route, remember that not all BCs are created equal. You need a BC with a low androgenic progestin and a higher amount of estrogen. I would personally recommend Yas/Yasmin, Diannete, Diane-35, or Ortho Novum.

MemberMember
(@pianina)

Posted : 01/11/2013 7:25 am

Your acne is not that bad! It's a pity that people are choosing the easiest (and the most damaging) way out. Do some research instead, check your liver, thyroid gland, hormones and apply a treatment that would work individually for you. Drink a lot of green tea at least. Sure Accutane seems like a quick solution, but a medicament that does that much damage to your body just so that you would have clearer face can't be a good solution... You will need your health later in life and this is just acne, nothing horrendous, everything is curable with patience. Give it time, put more effort into it!

MemberMember
(@readytosmileagain)

Posted : 01/11/2013 11:31 am

First,

I feel you - and have been RIGHT there. Take a deep breath, you are BEAUTIFUL, Do not let acne make you think anything less, ever.

Pianina has a few great points - get your blood work done asap and get some answers before you jump to accutane. Make sure you know that everything inside is "Normal" before you resort to the powerful drug.

If something is off your doc will help you find the right suppliments, nutritional plan and medication to try before you resort to accutane.

I wish you the best of luck - and keep us posted. Call your doctor TODAY and get in there. Its amazing when you know you are doing everything you can to get things in order, even if you have to wait a week to see a doctor, it give you such a piece of mind to know you are moving forward with finding the answers you need!

Smile - we are here for you!