Notifications
Clear all

Moisturizer For Tretinoin?

MemberMember
(@eep)

Posted : 12/10/2012 2:37 am

Hi. I've been using tretinoin for almost 8 weeks now and have been using AcneFree Green Tea Moisturizer, but now I've run out and can't find it anywhere (I think they stopped making it =[ ). I like it because it doesn't break me out, and it's not greasy.

I just wanted to see if anyone had recommendations for a moisturizer I can use while on tretinoin. I've tried Cetaphil's, but it is just so thick and globby, and it looks all greasy. Plus, it itches my skin after several hours. I also tried Pur's Anti-Aging Moisturizer, which really works well, but a couple days after using it, I notice a bunch of small pimples that come up. (It's happened twice so far, so I'm wary of using that one.) It's also extremely expensive.

So, any good moisturizers that aren't greasy and don't cause breakouts? Also, has anyone had experience with adding emu oil to a moisturizer? (I read about it on the pinned thread for this section.)

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@redredred)

Posted : 12/15/2012 4:41 pm

My dermatologist recommended CeraVe. Their products are non-comodongenic, very moisturizing and contain high quality ingredients. They have a few formulas-- AM, PM, one that comes in a tub and one that comes in a bigger bottle with a pump (the original). She recommended the original. It will last forever. I've used the CeraVe cream cleanser before, and liked it, but now I'm using the foaming cleanser because its a bit better at getting everything off of my face. They are a tiny bit pricy ($10-$15 depending on where you buy them), but they last forever. I just started using Tretinoin earlier this week, and while my face is peeling, it doesn't feel dry and I attribute this to CeraVe.

I'm in LOVE.

MemberMember
(@warz2k4)

Posted : 12/22/2012 11:34 pm

I just looked at your pictures shawnabowbawna,. I think you should ask your dermatologist to UP the dose of ur retinoids. I had acne my first year of college in my cheeks only. I went to a dermatologist and did something about it, I was on .05% Tazorac and applied it all over my face, and miracously my face cleared up. It took a long while, I think maybe a whole semester+couple months in.