Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Side Effect Question

MemberMember
(@jamesx)

Posted : 10/15/2012 12:07 am

Hi everyone,

So before I get a lot of hate coming back at me or telling me what to do, please respect that I already know everything everyone is going to say and I am only asking to get an answer back to what I am asking about.

So for someone who has depression and has self-harmed(cut) before, does anyone know any side effects with accutane that could really effect a cut on your body while youre taking accutane?

thank you to those who are of help.

MemberMember
(@cleardreaming)

Posted : 10/15/2012 2:17 am

Accutane can cause depression and if you are already prone to it it is strongly advised you dont take it. There have been several cases of people committing suicide on the drug.

It also slows down your bodies healing, and drys out your skin all over. Even paper cuts seem to take a lot longer to heal on me, it really does make your skin a lot more fragile. Of course slower healing can mean more scarring.

MemberMember
(@jamesx)

Posted : 10/15/2012 9:53 am

Dont know If I can reply specifically to you ClearDreaming, but thank you. And yeah, I will def. make sure I am keeping track of my emotions. Just really want to have decent skin for once in my life so I dont have to feel so embarrassed where I dont even want to go out :(