Notifications
Clear all

2 Months After Accutane....oily Skin Is Back

MemberMember
(@acneprone22)

Posted : 08/14/2012 8:47 pm

I took my last pill of Clavaris on June 15, 2012. My skin was great the first month. My face was clear and it wasn't oily. But beginning mid July my oily skin is back. I am using two blotting sheets a day to get the oil off my face. I shower in the morning at about 6am. By the time I get to work at about 7:30 the I could use up half a blotting sheet.

Now I am nervos because I know oil causes pimples. I have had only 1 pimple since being off clavaris.

Anyone have experience with this. Should I go back to the dermatologist? I been thinking about getting on proactiv to maintain now. It's just my skin is clear now and I don't want to go back to how things were.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 08/14/2012 9:20 pm

Probably too much stress/depression. Cut down sugar, caffeine, alcohol, junk food. Try getting some probiotics from organic plain yogurt/kefir, cucumber celery juice and decaf green/rooibos/stinging nettle tea.

MemberMember
(@coronet)

Posted : 08/15/2012 12:39 pm

I went on accutane when I was 21. Cleared up my acne, but I'm 25 now and my face is just as big an oil slick as it ever was. Your oilyness will probably resume to how it was pre-accutane. Just letting you know.

MemberMember
(@start)

Posted : 08/15/2012 1:48 pm

It's normal. Just remember to use an oil and alcohol free moisturizer.

If the acne comes back, consider a second course of accutane.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 10/13/2012 2:11 pm

Try a retinoid and DON'T wait for pimples to show before you do