Retin-A

MemberMember
(@mas00)

Posted : 03/21/2012 11:28 pm

COuld someone let me know any over the counter products contain Retin-A? I used to have a perscription

but my insurance ran out :( now it will cost me a lot out of the pocket to go to the derm and get one.. also is

Retin-A different from Retinol??? Is there a way I could get Retin-A without a perscription?

MemberMember
(@roisin75)

Posted : 03/23/2012 6:00 am

Hi - I have been researching the same thing. Skinceuticals do a retinol 0.5 and 1.0 night cream - it has very good reviews on the Makeup Alley site. I have also heard of something called Green Cream which you can get in different strengths.

MemberMember
(@mas00)

Posted : 03/23/2012 2:50 pm

yea.. I researched Green Cream and it is not exactly Retin-A as it has a lot og alchohol in it and that makes the impact of it not very sustainable..

has anyone every tried Alpha hydrox? http://www.drugstore.com/alpha-hydrox-retinol-resq/qxp45944?tab=1

I'm also trying to get rid of this scar I have left on my nose, from wearing glasses for so long.. any ideas it Retin-A would help?

MemberMember
(@monicarichman)

Posted : 10/16/2012 3:29 pm

For a non-prescription Retin-A or Retinol product, there are a few alternatives which will provide results as Retinol (Vitamin A) is a common evening treatment. Skinceuticals does have a .5 and 1.0% Retinol, but I heard this product had issues with the pump applicator not functioning properly. This product is outrageously overly priced at $65. The best alternative Retinol I've come across is cosmetic skin solutions Retinol 1.0 Creme. This product is a perfect example of what a retinol product should contain as my dermatologist is now displaying it in their private practice. It can be found at [Removed]