Notifications
Clear all

Accutane 10mg per day journey

MemberMember
(@ih8spots)

Posted : 03/15/2011 5:35 am

Hi everyone!! :D I have had acne since i hit puberty and its always been mild to moderate but very persistant. I am now 22 years old and my acne has improved over the years but not cleared enough. Acne runs in my family and luckily is clears completly around the age of 25.

I'm sick of this crap! and cannot wait for acne to clear itself, so i recently bought some Roaccutane 10mg, 1 months supply. I plan on having 10mg per day for 30 days. If 10mg works then i'll stick to the same dosage, if not, i will have 20mg per day for next 2 months and then go back to 10 mg per day for 1 more month to finish the treatment. so its:

1st month: 10mg per day

2nd month: 20mg per day

3rd month: 20mg per day

4th month: 10mg per day

Currently i'm on day 3 of 1st month and i haven't noticed any difference. i'm getting new spots but not many so im not sure if i'm going through the 'initial breakout' stage or just breaking out as usual. i suffered from mild dry skin and dry lips pre-accutane, so again cannot be sure if accutane if working. Its still early days so i shall report back my progress soon.

Anyone else who has just started a low dosage treatment or anyway already finished a course please share your experience.

MemberMember
(@sima)
MemberMember
(@max-2)

Posted : 03/16/2011 12:10 am

Just want to say that you made a wise decision to take low dose.

MemberMember
(@ih8spots)

Posted : 03/20/2011 7:27 am

Hey people, im back!...its been one week since i've been on accutane 10mg p/d and here is my log so far!.

Day 1 = Nothing

Day 2 = Nothing

Day 3 = Breaking out on and around nose. very small spots, no cyst.

Day 4 = More than usual dryness of face, mostly forehead and nose. More breakouts on face.

Day 5 = Dryness all over face. Spots taking longer to come and go, spots bigger and more painful.

Day 6 = More dryness on face and big reduction in oil production. 'IB' spots clearing nicely

Day 7 = Two new, very small whiteheads. further clearing of old spots!!

There has definately been ups and downs but overall im happy with the results of week 1. My face has become a lot drier but that just means that accutane is doing its job.

I haven't had any side affects yet. Lips are the same, no sensitivity to the sun, no dry eyes, no depression or suicide thoughts etc!.

MemberMember
(@bacardi151rum)

Posted : 02/26/2014 7:24 pm

Hey thanks for the update ! I am a 19 year old male , oily skin, mild-moderate acne around oily spots, on roughly a week so far of 10mg day. keep the progress updated !!

MemberMember
(@bacardi151rum)

Posted : 02/27/2014 7:31 pm

You said your face is a little drier than usual , i am about 8 days into 10mg/day and my face is hella dry, 2 or 3 coats of moisturizer after washing my face and there are still some dry flakes of skin... How long into your 10mg/day course until your skin calmed down and became less dry ? Please let me know and thanks

MemberMember
(@luckydory)

Posted : 02/27/2014 7:58 pm

Are you prescribed this by your dermatologist? Or are you buying it from the internet and just self dosing yourself?

MemberMember
(@lilley_1)

Posted : 08/19/2016 12:21 am

Hi its 2016 and im currently taking isotretinoin 10mg too . It has been my 3rd day . Having some breakout . I hope it goes away quickly .

MemberMember
(@daniperuci)

Posted : 08/23/2016 2:12 pm

Are you still taking Isotretinoin? How is it going so far?