Notifications
Clear all

Aczone and Epiduo

MemberMember
(@qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbn)

Posted : 07/01/2010 4:26 pm

I got prescribed this gel/cream called Aczone that I'm supposed to use in the morning when I wake up, and Epiduo which is a cream that I'm supposed to use before I go to bed at night. Aczone is supposed to keep the pores open, while Epiduo is supposed to kill the bacteria causing the acne. When I first put Aczone on it's uncomfortable for like 5 minutes and goes away, but with Epiduo when I first put it on it doesn't hurt but like 3 minutes later it gets uncomfortable.

Do you guys know about these 2 creams? My dermatologist said that it'll take about a month before it starts working, and it's been about 2 months, it helped a little bit overall but I'm still get pimples, and my cheeks are starting to get acne :(. Does anyone here know if these creams are good, or how long it takes for them to really work?

MemberMember
(@marmar94)

Posted : 07/01/2010 8:10 pm

I use Epiduo at night, and have sensative skin, and I can tell u that for the 5-6 months that I have been using it, I have seen a great improvement, but my face is always very dry, and very red, but it gets worse when out in the sun. It is working for me right now, so i hope it works for you!! Good Luck! :)

MemberMember
(@njman22)

Posted : 07/08/2010 9:49 pm

the dermatologist today just put me on aczone and epiduo as well

The only difference is that I apply the aczone in the morning, moisturizer and the epiduo at night, but I'm also supposed to apply the aczone right after the epiduo on the areas that I am broken out..applying the aczone after the epiduo seems weird to me but I guess I will have to wait and see ho it happens..I'm not very optimistic though

MemberMember
(@ceast3)

Posted : 12/04/2013 1:15 am

When you apply aczone and epiduo on the same area the benzoyl peroxide interacts with the aczone and your skin can turn brown.