Notifications
Clear all

Cosmetic Surgery after Accutane???

MemberMember
(@barbarajs)

Posted : 01/04/2010 6:25 pm

Does anyone know how long I should wait to have plastic surgery (breast augmenation) after finishing my Accutane treatment? My last day is tomorrow...yay!

I've done some research online and it seems the general consensus is to wait 6 months after you stop Accutane. My Dermatologist told me that was over kill. She said I'd be good after 3-4 months and my Surgeon agreed. Does anyone have any information about this? Or has anyone had any type of cosmetic surgery after they took Accutane? Specifically breast augmentation? I'm thinking of having mine done in late April to early May of this year.

Thank you!!

MemberMember
(@oli-girl)

Posted : 01/05/2010 9:34 am

I suggest you wait 6 months. Accutane is known to slow the healing process and thins the skin. Your doctors may say it is a overkill to wait, but it is suggested for a reason by the pharma company/FDA, even for cosmetic procedures

MemberMember
(@bmariewantsnoacne)

Posted : 02/09/2013 11:15 pm

I also recommend waiting 6 months. If you can't get scar treatment, I wouldn't want to get something as serious as breasted augmentation done.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 07/22/2013 6:07 pm

Is breast augmention more serious than something like having your ears pinned back?