Notifications
Clear all

Accutane and semen?

MemberMember
(@traininator)

Posted : 12/20/2009 12:52 pm

I have heard that accutane is transferred through a male during intercourse, so you should not be trying to have a baby while taking accutane.

My question is, if oral sex is being performed on a male, is it safe for the performer to ingest the semen if the male is on accutane?

Will this effect the performer in any way?

Is it bad?

Sorry if this is inappropriate, but it is a health question related to accutane.

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@stay-strong)

Posted : 12/21/2009 2:21 am

Accutane is not transfered through a males semen, where did you hear that it is? My booklet states that it is completely fine for males to father a child whilst on the drug. It's only a problem for females. So in that case I think the scenario in which you are asking about, the performer should be unaffected.

MemberMember
(@inthenight)

Posted : 12/21/2009 3:19 am

yeah the woman just cant bear a child while taking accutane, it will really mess with the baby's development. semen is no worry, sip all you want.

MemberMember
(@thegreyhound)

Posted : 12/21/2009 3:36 am

Note how women are warned on Accutane in a sexual context and not men.

Plus a girl could NEVER get pregnant through oral sex with a guy.

I am glad you are educating yourself but I have to say I am ASTOUNDED at some of these questions.

MemberMember
(@stay-strong)

Posted : 12/21/2009 3:50 am

I am glad you are educating yourself but I have to say I am ASTOUNDED at some of these questions.

I don't think he was asking if the woman could get pregnant through oral sex. He was asking if the woman would have the accutane in her system after ingesting sperm from a man who was taking accutane. And then if that accutane was in her system:

1. If she were to get pregnant through other means would that accutane she ingested affect the baby.

2. Would having accutane in her system affect her in anyway, as accutane is a heavy drug and has a lot of other side effects.

It wasn't a stupid question if you didn't know that accutane cannot be passed on through the semen. And it shows that he was being thoughtful about his sexual partener/s well being.

MemberMember
(@traininator)

Posted : 12/22/2009 11:17 am

I don't think he was asking if the woman could get pregnant through oral sex. He was asking if the woman would have the accutane in her system after ingesting sperm from a man who was taking accutane. And then if that accutane was in her system:

1. If she were to get pregnant through other means would that accutane she ingested affect the baby.

2. Would having accutane in her system affect her in anyway, as accutane is a heavy drug and has a lot of other side effects.

It wasn't a stupid question if you didn't know that accutane cannot be passed on through the semen. And it shows that he was being thoughtful about his sexual partener/s well being.

Thank you for understanding. I was wondering if the sperm of a male would have any effect on the person ingesting it. No where did I mention anything about a woman.

I was just under the impression that semen could be passed on through semen.

MemberMember
(@pattt17)

Posted : 12/24/2009 12:20 pm

Umm, just have her spit.

MemberMember
(@italianboy)

Posted : 12/24/2009 2:25 pm

Umm, just have her spit.

Made my day, thank you.

MemberMember
(@curious5)

Posted : 07/21/2013 5:16 pm

Can a female recieve oral sex if her partner is on claravis (accutane)?

MemberMember
(@biggs881)

Posted : 07/21/2013 6:28 pm

Can a female recieve oral sex if her partner is on claravis (accutane)?

Yes

MemberMember
(@i-know-it-gets-better)

Posted : 07/22/2013 4:44 am

I have tried again and again to explain to my wife that getting pregnent while I am on accutane is not a problem.

Accutane is teratogenic by messing with the development of the fetus during gestation. It is not a DNA mutagen and as DNA is pretty much all that the male provides during conception, it will have no ill effects on the offspring.

MemberMember
(@curious5)

Posted : 07/22/2013 8:07 am

It won't affect our unborn child cuz I'm 15 weeks if he gives me oral?

MemberMember
(@i-know-it-gets-better)

Posted : 07/22/2013 8:29 pm

You are 15 weeks pregnent if he gives you oral? What is that, Schrodinger's baby? I'm just playing, read below.

Curious, why would him giving you oral possibly affect your child? His isn't coating his tongue in accutane, is he? No, he swallows the pill and the contents never even touch his tongue. Now, those few little pills get digested and spread through-out his entire body. Think of how little would be found in his mouth tissue. Now, only a tiny tiny amount of that would be excreted from his saliva if any at all. Then, when he gives you oral he isn't just spitting inside you, is he? His saliva is only lubrication. In other words, the parts per billion of accutane that you may encounter from him giving you head is nothing. You probably already are being exposed to that much in your drinking water.

MemberMember
(@cloitus)

Posted : 07/22/2013 9:55 pm

Loved how your phrased this question haha made me laugh. In regards to your wquestionI don't think it would matter