Notifications
Clear all

Tanning after accutane

MemberMember
(@ltdan)

Posted : 02/18/2009 12:13 am

Hey guys, I've been off of accutane for about one month now. My lips don't need constant attention anymore (chapstick/aquaphor), and I think my skin is starting to go back to normal. I have a predicament though. In a few weeks from now, I'll be going on a trip to Florida for a week. I'm considering going tanning to burn now and get used to the UV rays and what not. I've never been tanning before, so first of all, I don't know what to expect or do. Secondly, I just want to be tan anyway.

What should I do/note

MemberMember
(@bill30)

Posted : 02/18/2009 1:03 am

Hey there. I assume you mean go tanning outside right? Because they say you shouldn't go in a tanning bed for 6 months after finishing I believe. I'd be careful not to burn though. What about using a low spf sunscreen so you slowly get more tan again without burning?

I've got a question for you though. I'm in the middle of Accutane right now and will be going on a sun-filled trip about a month after I finish so I was wondering how sensitive your skin feels to the sun one month after finishing? Also, was your skin always a little red while on Accutane (mine is) and if so, how long did that take to go away? Thanks.

MemberMember
(@ltdan)

Posted : 02/18/2009 8:53 pm

No. It would have to be in a tanning bed. I live in Illinois, and its snowing outside. I'm really looking more for people who have tanned during/after accutane.

I said in my post, that I have been off one month, and I don't know what serious sun is like. So, I guess I have the same problem as you. My skin doesn't stay red. Sometimes my face will flush, but that's it. My hands flush too, when really hot.

MemberMember
(@sophiena1143)

Posted : 02/18/2009 9:24 pm

i've tanned basically the whole time i was on accutane and never had a problem

MemberMember
(@bill30)

Posted : 02/20/2009 4:06 pm

Anybody else have experience with this?

MemberMember
(@teorlc)

Posted : 04/22/2014 7:08 pm

i am on a 80 dose one day and 40 the other and idk if i can tan a month after stopping with accutane???