Notifications
Clear all

Fever Blisters, Lips, Sun Exposure and Accutane

MemberMember
(@rjeffler)

Posted : 07/16/2008 8:15 am

I posted 10 days ago that I was having major problems with my lips. Someone suggested LOTS of water and I've been doing that. My lips were very swollen (Bigger than Angelina Jolie's lips). Lips went back down and have been normal for about 1 week. Today they've swollen up again. I'm trying to tie these instances together and can only come up with sun exposure. Another problem is that there are little tiny bubbles on my lips so it could be lots of little fever blisters. Here's my issue though....I wore sunblock 30 on my lips and kept a large brimmed hat on anytime I was in direct sunlight. None of the rest of my body seems bothered. Could it be simply being outside and indirect sunlight?

Has anyone else ever had a fever blister while on Accutane? If so, did you take Valtrex? Did you have an adverse reaction to it?

HELP!

MemberMember
(@come-back-clear-skin)

Posted : 08/09/2008 3:21 am

I'm on week 3 and i'm getting the blisters too they make me look like i've been stung I've tried Norwegian formula (Neutrogena) Immediate repair lip balm, Vaseline and nivia Repair and protect but i'm still suffering I've just put some hydrocortisone ointment on them they are driving me mad!!! if you find anything please let me know

Good luck with your course

MemberMember
(@ihateacne96)

Posted : 06/06/2014 2:46 am

I just got off accutane 3 days ago and throughout the last 2 months of my course I've been getting

blisters on there face from the sun like small little yellowy blisters, not weeping just like a cut? I keep getting them and sudocream seems to help I was just wondering if it could be a burn? Because I've tried to keep out the sun the best I can has anyone got this before?