Notifications
Clear all

Does accutane make you feel stupid?

MemberMember
(@syrup-face)

Posted : 03/09/2008 9:04 pm

And kinda spaced out? I've felt like that for 3 days now since starting. It's hard to describe it really, other than that I just feel... dumb. Anyone?

MemberMember
(@hihihi)

Posted : 03/10/2008 3:24 am

There is no shown relationship between Accutane and the feeling you've described. It could just be you, taking the pill, and not knowing what to expect. I assure you Accutane doesn't lower your IQ or awareness :)

MemberMember
(@syrup-face)

Posted : 03/10/2008 4:39 am

Well Im not saying it lowers your IQ, I'm just saying it makes me feel dumb. Like I said its hard to describe, but I just don't feel normal basically. My head is heavy, I'm kind of spacey, my memory seems worse than usual. You don't get that effect at all, at least when you were starting out?

MemberMember
(@aimee_lou_uk)

Posted : 03/10/2008 5:14 am

Well Im not saying it lowers your IQ, I'm just saying it makes me feel dumb. Like I said its hard to describe, but I just don't feel normal basically. My head is heavy, I'm kind of spacey, my memory seems worse than usual. You don't get that effect at all, at least when you were starting out?
MemberMember
(@joebloggs)

Posted : 03/10/2008 9:25 am

Yup I feel like this now, Ive stopped reading books as I cant focus on them anymore, When I attempt to read I just kind of skim through the words and after about a page I realise Ive taken nothing in whatsoever.

I dont think its making me dumber, I just think its affecting my ability to focus

MemberMember
(@ifeelbroken)

Posted : 03/10/2008 9:44 am

When I take tane I feel my brain has dried out.... I lose interest in doing things quickly.

When my friends call I can't put up with them as much as I used to be able to. I think accutane is giving me ADD. >_<

MemberMember
(@shimmerwings)

Posted : 03/10/2008 10:58 am

Hey, yeah, I got that feeling after about 4 or 5 days of taking it, I felt spaced, foggy headed and drowsy. I ended up having a nap in the afternoon! I had a break for 4 days and felt a bit better, my derm said you can have up to 7 day breaks. Anyway I took it all in all for 17 days, as my hair and eyelashes bagan to fall out.

MemberMember
(@jaybin2)

Posted : 03/10/2008 2:53 pm

Well damn thats not good.

I wonder how I will be after taking something like this!

I already space out even when I am doing something important. I can't imagine myself on this, just spacing out staring at the wall for a few minutes :D

MemberMember
(@syrup-face)

Posted : 03/10/2008 4:23 pm

Well damn thats not good.

I wonder how I will be after taking something like this!

I already space out even when I am doing something important. I can't imagine myself on this, just spacing out staring at the wall for a few minutes :D

MemberMember
(@batmasterpro)

Posted : 04/23/2019 8:55 am

It makes me forget a wordwhen I am saying something in a sentence. I never had that problem until I was on Acutane. Sometimes,I have to pause and think in the middle of a sentence to remember a crucial word I didnt think of before. I have to think about the whole sentence before I say anything now so I dont embarrass myself. I forgot the words email,eyelashes, and password just recently. I freak out sometimes thinking I will just get dumber and dumber. At least Im not the only one who feels this way.