Notifications
Clear all

how fast can i switch from ziana to differin?

MemberMember
(@jmb5160)

Posted : 10/26/2007 9:32 pm

hey guys....so my dermatologist prescribed me ziana, which is a retin a and tretoinin i think??? anyway its making me break out like crazyyy, and i cant handle this anymore.... when i was in high school differin cleared me up and i think i wanna try that again....

ive been using ziana for about a week now...will switching to differin just completely mess up my skin? i kinda just wish i never started using all these rx medications...my acne was pretty mild

ps, my regimine now is AM: glycolic acid cleanser, erythromycin, PM: cleanser, ziana

MemberMember
(@sweetheart519)

Posted : 10/26/2007 10:38 pm

If it's making you break out, it is probably doing it's job well. You should really give it more time. You will probably experience the same thing if you switch to Differin right now. But in answer to your question, you should be able to just go straight from one to the other. But if you are taking erythromycin orally, then stopping the ziana means you will lose your topical antibiotic. Which could have negative effects on your skin if you lose that part of your regimen right now.

MemberMember
(@mille211)

Posted : 10/10/2014 9:22 pm

I was on differin in high school too. I was still getting small breakouts on differin so my derma switched me to ziana. Did you stick with ziana? How did it work for you??