Notifications
Clear all

I feel bloated

MemberMember
(@katy89)

Posted : 08/16/2007 7:55 am

Ok, I'm a size 8 (UK) normally and ever since I've been on Accutane, I have grown to be very bloated. Now I know its not fat as it doesnt "jiggle", its firm - like over sized abs, and it goes away later on at night. Whats going on? Anyone else have this problem?

Help

MemberMember
(@larakv)

Posted : 08/17/2007 4:16 pm

i know exactly what you mean- i always feel bloated since going on accutane! hopefully it will stop when finishing accutane. i find bread bloats me more so try avoiding any foods that make you feel more bloated x

MemberMember
(@fio)

Posted : 08/17/2007 6:53 pm

omg yessss. i get so mad. cuz i wake with a flat stomach then it gets huge later. n it kinda goes down at night.

MemberMember
(@mandy-ann)

Posted : 08/17/2007 7:22 pm

Oh good, I'm not alone.. I was wondering why I felt fat all the time!

MemberMember
(@anirtak)

Posted : 08/17/2007 10:20 pm

Had the same problem, found out it was one of the side effects of the pill i was on and not the accutane.

MemberMember
(@aebales00)

Posted : 08/17/2007 11:35 pm

I have definately been bloated since starting the Tane and the bc pill isn't one of my contraceptives. I def think its the tane. Thanks for bringing it up Katy!

MemberMember
(@katy89)

Posted : 08/20/2007 3:57 am

No Problem! for a few days, I thought I was alone in this, Thanks guys. I hope it goes away!

MemberMember
(@yvette2)

Posted : 08/20/2007 3:18 pm

Hey there -

OMG, yes, from the end of month one to starting month four I felt bloaty/constipated all the time. I'm on low dose Accutane too (only 20mg). I talked to my Derm. about it and she said it wasn't a common side effect. I'm thin and exercise regularly (5"1 105 lbs) and still felt bloated. I gained 4-5 lbs in a week and felt like a tanker! I upped the exercise a little more = nada. So, I asked my Derm. again in month 2-3 and she referred me to a GI Dr. I met with him, and had options of 1) doing a colonoscopy/sigmoid type of exam (no thanks) 2) going off Accutane (no thanks as I was seeing good results) or 3) he said occassional use of mild laxative was fine (okay I said). So, during June/July I took a mild vegetal laxative at night (usually only a half a tablet but sometimes one tablet). I upped my water a little more too (don't drink lots of water). Felt sooo much better. Then I skipped a day or so at the beginning of August and didn't feel bloated. I notice now I'm not as bloaty which is a big relief (no pun intended :) )

Have you talked to your Derm? I hope your feeling perkier soon.

Yvette

MemberMember
(@dh2005)

Posted : 08/20/2007 3:57 pm

Isotretinoin can irritate the gastrointestinal tract. It can cause allsorts of tummy upsets - it can make you burp and fart more than usual and, if you're particularly unlucky (over here, everyone!), you can get really gnarly diarrhoea. For some folks, it clears-up after a couple of weeks - others have it for the entirety of their treatment.

Yummy.

MemberMember
(@unnamed)

Posted : 08/20/2007 5:07 pm

Isotretinoin can irritate the gastrointestinal tract. It can cause allsorts of tummy upsets - it can make you burp and fart more than usual and, if you're particularly unlucky (over here, everyone!), you can get really gnarly diarrhoea. For some folks, it clears-up after a couple of weeks - others have it for the entirety of their treatment.

Yummy.

MemberMember
(@katy89)

Posted : 08/20/2007 5:33 pm

Thanks guys! Special thanks to Yvette - always so helpful. I'm going to the derm (well the nurse practicioner - thats who I get these days) on Wednesday so I shall let him know. Feeling very down atm, hopefully that will pass with time.

Thanks for your input, it is greatly appreciated

:)

MemberMember
(@katiebug007)

Posted : 05/07/2021 6:49 am

Did your bloating go away and how long did it take?