Notifications
Clear all

Minocyline

MemberMember
(@paul25)

Posted : 05/22/2007 2:19 pm

My doctor started to prescribe this for me a couple of months ago, but i read things people said about it and didnt seem to keen at the time. I found out about B5, its been taking it for about a month and a half, but i still seem to be breaking out and the fact its not known whether its healthy or not worries me; it does get frustrating having to take it 3 times a day.

I was wondering how good minocyline is? What sort of results do people get? And has it completely cleared anyone and kept them clear as ive read alot of people say it cleared them but when they stopped taking it spots started to come back?

MemberMember
(@alreadyover)

Posted : 05/22/2007 5:27 pm

I went on Mino when I was 16-17 and it did a wonderful job for about a year or so. I didn't use any topicals and I was really clear, but I decided to stop since you shouldn't really be on it for too long. While I was off it, I was breaking out, but it was very mild with ony a few whiteheads here and there. But then from 18-19 I have started to get really bad cystic acne. I then went on Mino again recently, but I was still breaking out bad and getting really bad headaches. So now i've decided to hopefully go on accutane.

MemberMember
(@claireirvine)

Posted : 12/01/2014 6:11 pm

I know this post is out of date, but I'm going to drop a response anyways, haha.

I've been on minocyline for two months now. I started out with acne on my forehead and occasionally on my nose. This drug actually increased redness in my forehead. I did not see much of a difference in the amount of acne, but it did go down somewhat. The little red bumps were reduced, but it left me with cystic acne (which just got inflamed, ugh.) Overall it just wasn't working well for me.

Sending hugs! Hope this helped anyone who is considering using this drug.