Any luck with vitam...

Notifications
Clear all

Any luck with vitamins?

MemberMember
(@jenjen77)

Posted : 09/07/2016 4:42 pm

I was going to do B Complex, Vitamin C, Calcium, Magnesium, D3, and Zinc but...

Have any of you heard of B Complex breaking people out? It's all over the reviews :( hmph. I thought it might help with my depression. Though I do have a new cyst and a white head since starting... coincidence?

Now I'm thinking...

Calcium, Magnesium, D3, and Zinc?

I FEEL SO LOST! my doctor wants to put me on Spironolactone and I'm terrified as all hell. 

MemberMember
(@kelbell812)

Posted : 09/08/2016 7:35 am

My advice is don't read TOO much into the reviews. Everything is relative to YOU. On the reviews for anything, there are always people that say it made them breakout. TBH I feel like half the time it's not even that which is causing them to breakout but some other factor. Just because you get a new pimple after starting something new doesn't automatically mean it's because of that - things don't work that fast. I see sooo many comments all the time like "omg I ate a banana and got a pimple so bananas make me break out!!". It drives me up a wall haha. If you look to closely into the minor changes of your skin at every moment, you will start thinking that everything is making you break out.

The vitamins you've listed sound fine. Those are all vitamins that can benefit the skin. You just have to do it and have patience.

MemberMember
(@vynn90)

Posted : 09/28/2016 4:52 pm

Yea, I've had some success. But it was really a combo of things. I'm taking a one-a-day multi vitamin, RAW supergreens powder, and a probiotic. Started about 4 months ago.

First I got the greens mainly for health reasons along with the probiotics. Then I noticed my skin got a bit better. I then added a multi vitamin that had good zinc levels because the greens were lacking that, and that helped the oilyness even more.

My skin is pretty bad, and things were for sure improving for a bit, but I stopped taking the probiotics because the greens and multi said to contain them. For the next 2 months or so, my skin started getting bad again. It was just last week I started the probiotics again and holy crap the white heads stopped coming back and my skin is getting better.

I'm now VERY convinced the probiotics are necessary for me. Going to do more research and see if any are geard towards skin health. No more acne, I'm fixing this stupid problem by the end of the year >:O

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@thebean)

Posted : 10/28/2016 11:04 pm

Yes. I've heard of B breaking ppl out. I've been doing quite a bit of research on the vitamins...turns out, cod liver oil can really help. Get a good one, like Carlson's from the health food store. It's high in A & D3 and omega-3s and DHA & EPA. (But not too high) Find good multi-vitas from the health food store and check the sources. Turns out, synthetic vitamins (like retinyl palmitate, for example) can actually make acne worse, where the natural sources (retinol and beta carotene, for example) make it better. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@shmilym)

Posted : 11/21/2016 7:42 am

Blackmores Omega 3s & Primrose Oil break me out too. I clearly noticed that. I don't know whether other fish oil brand is OK for me or not. But Omega 3s has many life long benefits so it is a pity for me not to be able to take it.
Zinc helps reduce the redness & accelerate the healing process. May be you are right @thebean, Synthetic may do more harm than good. I am going to try some natural supplements.