Desperate help need...

Notifications
Clear all

Desperate help needed with bumps!

MemberMember
(@kathy31)

Posted : 07/24/2016 9:17 am

Hi everyone,

I've had great skin all my life but last year I broke out with a mild form of acne. It stopped once I started taking tetrysal (antibiotics) great.

Now, my skin is much worse with a different form or acne - bumps! Horrible bumps all over my cheek. These are obviously infected pores but I cannot get rid of them, I've tried antibiotics and topical creams but none have done the job.

i use a face wash with Sacyclic acid, a tea tree toner and Eurecin face cream. I can't stop the flaring up and the redness - I'm desperately looking for answers, can anyone help? 

Make up up looks even worse, super bumpy!

I generally have a good texture - my skin isn't oily or dry! Has anyone had this problem and have you got a solution? 

Thank you! image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@kelbell812)

Posted : 07/25/2016 1:42 pm

Can you think of anything that happened a year ago that could have caused it? Any changes in lifestyle, diet, medications, stress levels, etc..?

It could be hormonal. This is a possibility if the antibiotics and creams you've tried haven't helped. Are you taking the pill?

At least you can consider yourself lucky that you have normal skin! Dealing with skin that is very oily or very dry on top of dealing with acne is the worst.

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 07/27/2016 5:55 am

On 7/24/2016 at 10:17 AM, Kathy31 said:

Hi everyone,

I've had great skin all my life but last year I broke out with a mild form of acne. It stopped once I started taking tetrysal (antibiotics) great.

Now, my skin is much worse with a different form or acne - bumps! Horrible bumps all over my cheek. These are obviously infected pores but I cannot get rid of them, I've tried antibiotics and topical creams but none have done the job.

i use a face wash with Sacyclic acid, a tea tree toner and Eurecin face cream. I can't stop the flaring up and the redness - I'm desperately looking for answers, can anyone help? 

Make up up looks even worse, super bumpy!

I generally have a good texture - my skin isn't oily or dry! Has anyone had this problem and have you got a solution? 

Thank you! image.jpeg

if you've been on antibiotics maybe its fungal. Google melassesia and pityrosporum folliculitus and see if that rings a bell.
I had it mildly on my chest, coconut oil helped but idk if that's safe to put on your face.

MemberMember
(@derek-c)

Posted : 08/17/2016 2:54 am

Did you go to the dermatologist? If not, u probably should. It could be, or some could be, sebaceous hyperplasia, which are clogged over active oil glands that dont clear, it's different from acne. I have a few, which my derm has burned off, but they came back for me. Not nearly as many as you have. It could also be milias perhaps?

In my experience, acne treatment really does nothing for them, and usually makes them look worse because they can get red and irritated. I'm no expert though, you should definitely see a dermatologist.