Cystic acne in over...

Notifications
Clear all

Cystic acne in over drive

MemberMember
(@stacydc83)

Posted : 07/21/2016 1:41 pm

Wow,its been a really long time since I've been on this forum. I think I was 25 last time I was here. So, I used to get cystic acne, but then for a few years,it all went away. Now, at 33 years old,the last year its been pure hell on my face. I have a cyst on my chin, that is SLOWLY getting smaller but not by much. I've had smaller cysts, and regular acne that comes and goes. Most leave scars. I need answers. I've tried so many different treatments, nothing works. A little over a month ago,I decided to  go dairy free. I thought, from what I read, it could be my answer.Yeah, not so much. Skins not clearer.  Every regular pimple  I get,scars. I have redmarks  on my forehead,  cheeks,and chin, and I keep getting new ones. Plus the cyst/noduale on my chin. I try to drink a lot of water,I take fish oil, and zinc supplements,Ive been on antibiotics. If anyone  has any suggestions things I haven't tried yet, please let me know.  Here is my skin now, though  you cant see my cyst from this angle. My skin isn't as flared up right now,as it usually is. I have considered going to a dermatologist, its just too expensive. 

filterlessStacy.jpg

MemberMember
(@jabberwocky80)

Posted : 07/28/2016 11:59 pm

I'm prone to cystic acne. I gave up ingesting dairy, but I do like to apply Greek yogurt on my face. It's even better with turmeric mixed in, imo. Beware, turmeric stains!!! Use old bath cloths, towels, clothes, etc. if you decide to do it. Your skin/eyebrows/hands may look a little yellow for a day or two as well, lol. If you wear makeup that covers it up, though. The turmeric yogurt mask feels so good to me. Some people dislike the smell but I love it.

My absolute favorite thing to do is apply water with a crap ton of dissolved Epsom salt to my face. I just dip cotton balls in it and apply it all over while I'm watching tv or reading or whatever. I do it before bed and go to bed with a white crystallized face but my husband doesn't give a crap, lol. I find that helps my skin out a lot.

MemberMember
(@angelinna)

Posted : 07/29/2016 12:42 am

I suggest that you try azelaic acid. It is antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and reduces the redness. It works slowly so you won't see full results until after 6 months of continuous use (twice a day), but you will see some improvement after about a month. It also reduces hyperpigmentation, as a result of acne spots leaving brown marks.