Do you ever see any...

Notifications
Clear all

Do you ever see anyone else with acne?

MemberMember
(@jenguard82)

Posted : 03/23/2016 3:13 pm

Hi all,

I am a 33 year old female who has been struggling with mild acne for well over 20 years. I am curious to know if anyone else ever looks around and notices that everyone else's skin seems so clear and beautiful but yet we on acne.org are plagued with clogged pores, zits and bad skin. Is it just me? Am I blind or oblivious to the fact that I am the only one dealing with skin issues? Even the teenagers I come into contact with have the most glowing, beautiful skin. It's just not fair!! Ha ha. OK rant over for now.

Y110289 liked
MemberMember
(@jazzguy)

Posted : 03/23/2016 9:04 pm

I think having acne does make you feel like you're the only one with the problem but I do see people out and about with less than perfect skin....women can be quite good at hiding it with cosmetics! We're all harsher critics of ourselves than of others too. Take a look at the numbers of people on this forum alone...we're out there somewhere!
Hope writing it down helped you feel a bit better!

MemberMember
(@jenguard82)

Posted : 03/25/2016 5:42 am

Thanks for the reply. I wish I could get over this funk I'm in. I'm allowing acne to control my life again. I've become shy, quiet and an entrovert over the last few months due to my acne. My friends and even clients at work are starting to notice this new Jen. This isn't the person I am nor the person I want to be but I just can't shake the fact that my acne has returned. Acne is the only thing in my way from allowing me to be truly happy and enjoy life. Hopefully I can get back on track and not allow it to make me feel depressed or control my mood.

anyway, thanks for the reply!

MemberMember
(@rachael1610)

Posted : 04/06/2016 8:52 am

Hi, I developed acne only in the last 8 months. I can't remember ever consciously noticing anyone's acne before I suffered it myself. Now, I even notice when people have minor skin imperfections. I do recognise I am not as harsh on other people's acne as I am towards myself. I find myself recognising they still look pretty with their acne, etc. That is a good think I suppose. Sometimes, I really want to start a conversation to find out how it has effected them.

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 05/25/2016 4:55 pm

Hi. Yes I definitely see others with acne. Don't forget most people try to cover it up as well as they can...I had a manager who had similar to mine. I see lots of teenagers and some adults. A lady I used to work with is in her mid 40s is extremely fit but still gets cysts. You're not alone sometimes it just seems so.

On 3/25/2016 at 6:42 AM, jenguard82 said:

Thanks for the reply. I wish I could get over this funk I'm in. I'm allowing acne to control my life again. I've become shy, quiet and an entrovert over the last few months due to my acne. My friends and even clients at work are starting to notice this new Jen. This isn't the person I am nor the person I want to be but I just can't shake the fact that my acne has returned. Acne is the only thing in my way from allowing me to be truly happy and enjoy life. Hopefully I can get back on track and not allow it to make me feel depressed or control my mood.

anyway, thanks for the reply!

i totally feel you. I'm the same I hope you're feeling better by now.

On 3/23/2016 at 4:13 PM, jenguard82 said:

Hi all,

I am a 33 year old female who has been struggling with mild acne for well over 20 years. I am curious to know if anyone else ever looks around and notices that everyone else's skin seems so clear and beautiful but yet we on acne.org are plagued with clogged pores, zits and bad skin. Is it just me? Am I blind or oblivious to the fact that I am the only one dealing with skin issues? Even the teenagers I come into contact with have the most glowing, beautiful skin. It's just not fair!! Ha ha. OK rant over for now.

ive seen people with acne. But I admit, I've already admired old ladies skin...and even a hobo! Like how does a homeless guy have better skin than me...FML moment.

MemberMember
(@sosickofzitz)

Posted : 08/23/2016 11:37 pm

I'll start off by saying I do not have severe acne, but it's very persistant. the majority of my issue is comedonal acne, super oily skin, large pores which I'm sure most people don't even notice but I am hyper aware of. ive had breakouts since 6th grade, i think i was around 12 and still have the same exact problems now that im 25. I don't have great eyesight but I always look at people's smooth matte foreheads with envy. I can't even look at my 15 year old sister skin...it's like porcelain ugh. but, we are always our own worst critic. and I think some people are just awesome with makeup. I've seen some youtube tutorials that covered up things I never would have even imagined could be hidden.