Small Flesh Colored...

Notifications
Clear all

Small Flesh Colored Bumps on Forehead and Hairline

MemberMember
(@m-zi)

Posted : 04/12/2019 11:40 am

Hey guys.i have this problem too.i was on accutane for my cystic acne (on jawline and around the nose and the mouth).it helped me alot to get rid of cystic acne ,but on my 7th month of low - dose accutane treatment (20mg on alternate days),i noticed these type of comedones on my forhead,nose,and around mouth.one goes and two appears the next day.sorry for my bad english.im from iran.

Male 23 yrs old

MemberMember
(@starlighthonymoon)

Posted : 04/27/2020 4:00 am

Hey

I have the same problem on my forehead... very mild though, but still very annoying.

I noticed that, to me, it had something to do with milk products. I've had for long periods of my life not consumed milk products. Then, when i had at job serving at a fast food place, i started getting these bumps on my forehead and around my mouth... and A LOT of them. Some of them even turned into zits. I didn't think much about it, cause i was surrounded by steaming hot oil all day + i was eating very unhealthy (Ice cream, pizza, fries, you name it, i ate it). So, i kinda saw it as getting a greasy dirty facial treatment, while having a dirty all you can eat buffet everyday, so no surprise my skin was reacting.
But!!!... when i got home, i started eating healthy again, like I had done before working at that fast food place. The only difference was that i kept consuming milk products. I ate healthy for more than 6 months.... nothing happened. It might have gone a little down, but still very much there. I searched on the internet and read that consuming milk can actually be quite bad for your skin. I thought it made sense cause i didn't really consume that much milk before i worked at that fast food place, and had no problems with my skin back then. So i started a diet where i didn't consume ANY dairy products at all. After about a month - a month and a half, it had disappeared. I could then slowly start to eat a little bit of dairy here and there (stuff like yogurt and sometimes ice cream) but not often, and not a lot at a time.

I have it again, but I've also just come back from travelling, and have, yet again, been eating A LOT of dairy products... like cheese, butter and ice cream, for a long period of time everyday. So i have to, yet again, cut all dairy out of my life for about a month. I noticed that when I've been eating a lot of dairy, and i get it, i can't eat a little dairy here and there. I have to cut all ties with it until it completely disappears, and then i can eat a little sometimes, else it just continues.

One of my coworkers, who also worked at that place, came back next year (it was a season job), with a lot of the same bumps, and very frustrated. Turns out, she had been a vegan for some time, started eating dairy again last year, and she could not understand why she suddenly got those bumps. Her bumps also followed with a little bit of stomach ache. So she ended up cutting out dairy again and it disappeared.

Now I'm not saying that it might be the same for everyone. I also can't say if this is because of me not consuming dairy for long periods of my life, and therefore created some kind of sensitivity towards it. But try to consider that it might be an allergy or sensitivity towards some kind of food (like many above have said), try cutting out certain foods for at least 2 months and see if it made a difference.

Good luck to all of you out there, and sorry for the crazy long post ^_^

MemberMember
(@ashniju)

Posted : 08/14/2020 7:34 pm

Hi everyone. Finally, i've found my people. Fair warning, I'm a rambler.

I too have this skin texture and this is unrelated but I have redness around my nose - it gets itchy andinflamed. I dont think I ever dealt with body acne, until a few years ago. I have acne like spots on my chest and along my arms.

I want to say that beingstressed out and consuming junk food is the reason behind the flare up, because I rememberin 2018 when I went through a rough patch and exam stress,my skin just gave up and then again this year. But I also remember back in 2018, my skin was fine untila day after I went to a theme park, I don't normally apply sunscrsen and I feel like when I do my skin reacts badly to it also exposing my skin to the sun + humidity.

My skins downfall isusually aroundJune (summer) time, during this time every 2 years I get a painful flare up around my mouth and eyes,this year it developed into an infection in which my faceswell up. I was on antibiotics and antihistamines for over a week and my skin cleared up/flaked off. I can't tell you how relieved I was!

Now, it'sback to looking congested, dull and textured. I do think it has a lot to do with our digestive system/gut health whatever you want to call it.My gp asked for my stool sample and my blood.

Despite self diagnosing myself with many diseases, lol fortunately the only problem I have is anemia andtoo much protein. I did some research and consuming dairy is linked to high protein levels among other things. Dairymightcausethese skin coloured spots.

A lot of people do say it's our gut health and supplements like probiotics, zinc and tumericcan help. I haven't tried them yet as I want to see if taking iron supplements makes any difference. I'vealso been using rice water and acv as a toner, my skin feels smooth but idk if it looks the part. Time will tell. Of course, the goal is to have permanent results.

forhead under the light

MemberMember
(@kingston)

Posted : 08/21/2020 12:36 am

Thank you all for your honesty!!

I have not seen 1 consensus on what to do with forehead and scalp bumps (in the hairline near the ear) that I have experienced for 13 years - came on over 1 weekend in the hundreds in 2007. I'm in my 40sand unfortunately have not found a remedy.

Some things seemed to help but would stop after awhile:

- tea tree oil;black see oil

- clindamycin pads

- oral meds (Accutane; antibiotics)

- all sorts of different soaps and ointments

- dietary restrictions

At this point, I still remain hopeful. Some of the items mentioned above worked for a few days, weeks or months.

Here is what I am doing now (not sure if it will work, but trying!!):

1. Acnetame vitamins daily (Day 6)

2. Emuaid bar (It reduced it a little - Day 7); just switched to a volcanic ash soap bar (Day 1)

3. Zinc daily (Day 10)

4. Vegan (except I still eat Salmon) (years)

It's frustrating that we can't find one solution that works for all. I would pay to find for that - for all of you too to be free of it!

Let's solve this together!!!

Thank you!